My HP goal a little out of reach?

murphy41

I'm looking for 700 to the ground with my mods in my signature. I'm putting a built auto in this weekend. I got my pump done today. Benched and flown. Sitting at 525cc's.

What tuning and tweaks could I make to hit that? Any help is greatly appreciated! Or am I looking for way too much out of it?

Thanks,
Brandon

Get a hold of CL2000. He and his brother are both around there and could probably help.

That turbo will take alot of spray. Tunning will get you fuel # up. Your almost there.

I would like to hit 700 on fuel, and its a billet k31. With a different shaft, and they "claim" it will hold spray.. only tunning ive done is a stock gsk spring in the afc

A 525cc pump and your 71 should be plenty of fuel and air. I'd try running your afc on the tight side and a less agressive plate than a 100. I'm not sure if the 71 is too big of a charger so it might create a problem with reaching your goal. For some reason a 64/71/14 made more power and runs cooler than a 66/71/14. Right now I'm playing with the 66 and a new cam in my truck and it has higher egt's than it did with the stock cam and the 64.

That comp wheel will handle the nitrous,

That is not a K31 charger so I wouldn't worry about the Nos blowing it up,

A 525cc pump and your 71 should be plenty of fuel and air. I'd try running your afc on the tight side and a less agressive plate than a 100. I'm not sure if the 71 is too big of a charger so it might create a problem with reaching your goal. For some reason a 64/71/14 made more power and runs cooler than a 66/71/14. Right now I'm playing with the 66 and a new cam in my truck and it has higher egt's than it did with the stock cam and the 64.

Possibility of that 66 having a cover on it that may not be as toleranced as the one on the 64?

I have a very similiar turbo. Mine is from bullseye. I haven't been on the dyno with it but the it feels very strong. Todd (97crewcab) on here is the previous owner of my turbo and he made 659 with it. There is a video but I is o. My work computer. That was also around 30ish degrees timing I it makes any difference to u.

phatshaft 71 is s300 based is it not??

No the "silver" 71 is a silver bullet with a 71mm comp wheel machined in it. Mine is a K31 comp housing and center section with s300 turbine parts. Even the shaft is different. Its basically a K31 hybrid from II but they put a billet wheel, different trbines... Blah blah blah and call it the Phat shaft 71 lol

Thats out of reach with what you have now.

Really?? What wold be needed to hit 700 then ? Damn I was hopin I was gonna be pretty close ?

The Hp number in my signature is at my elevation and no tuning at ALL, it 623 "corrected" but i dont believe in corrected numbers, I cant imagine 700 being very ar off. But who knows

You could do a 1000 just need to find the right dyno not the right turbo.

Ha ha this is true lol There are a couple guys on CF in the Utah section i would like to shut thier mouths for them !

Back