My new CR "Maxd out" setup!

The wed. before scheid the cab was still off and no wiring or pluming was done. We got it going about 5am Friday morning loaded it up and headed up to scheid. I had a learning experience Friday in qualifying and didn't make the cut, Saturday I did qualify but broke the yoke on my rear driveshaft. I found a drive shaft and was hooked to the sled Sat. night but couldn't get off the line bc of my clutch. I was disappointed, but I was happy I at least made the night show on a brand new setup.

That makes sense, are the pistons different then to accomodate a different spray angle you think? Or is everything custom?

YES they are not exactly "top feed". Bastages. But there is such a thing.

Yes, such as the LML Duramax and Scorpion 6.7L which both use a Piezo style injector.

duramax-diesel-2011-pi_opt.jpeg

I think the main benefit is to get rid of the crossover tubes so the cylinder head can ported more.

I could be wrong, but I think the reason top feed are used typically is the larger feed passage and a larger SAC nozzle, so you can get to a larger hole size more reliably without the tip coming apart in extreme power applicatinos. Like 0.020 -0.030

air.... plane and simple. the limit of a cr injection system hasn't been the limiting factor...not in 2.6 where these motor are being used for now... its air.. more air in the motor.. plain and simple.

we have done mor power on a 150% injector then any 2.6 motor will ever do... so fuel isn't the problem... my .02 lol

air.... plane and simple. the limit of a cr injection system hasn't been the limiting factor...not in 2.6 where these motor are being used for now... its air.. more air in the motor.. plain and simple.

Yeah maybe when it comes to max fuel flow the limit hasn't been hit, but injection rate can be improved.

from phone

Back