my new custom intake manifold

jones95runner

Well i tried to put some thought and research into this before i got started. From most custom manifolds i have seen you have to buy new injection lines, so i was trying to get around that save 500 bucks. Also wasn't wanting to change a bunch of piping under the hood for boost tubes. So here is what i come up with thought it turned out pretty good myself only have 15 bucks in it(cost of the 1/2 inch thick alum flange i used) and about 70 hours worth of mill time and p&p work on the head and all the intake work

intake2.jpg

intake3.jpg

intake1.jpg

Looks good and the finish you did on it matches your truck too! Very cool! What thickness aluminum did you use? Are you worried about it holding up to the pressures you run?

Looks good and the finish you did on it matches your truck too! Very cool! What thickness aluminum did you use? Are you worried about it holding up to the pressures you run?

yes its all alum

and i'm not to worried i dont think, its all 1/4 wall extruded alum. i dont think it will have any problem. But going to try a test hook this weekend getting ready for the indoor pull we are going to next weeked so we'll see!

flange is 1/2 inch thick so hope it will stay sealed up also

Last edited:
Good deal!

I'd still like to shoot your truck some day when we have good weather so the paint and body work looks good in the shots... We'll have to figure out a time this spring or summer...

You should do matching aluminum valve covers to finish the look on the engine!

Last edited:
yes its all alum

and i'm not to worried i dont think, its all 1/4 wall extruded alum. i dont think it will have any problem. But going to try a test hook this weekend getting ready for the indoor pull we are going to next weeked so we'll see!

flange is 1/2 inch thick so hope it will stay sealed up also

guess ur pullin in Murfreesboro, TN ?

guess ur pullin in Murfreesboro, TN ?

Thats the plan! Most of the guys we pull with pulling and the few big shots will be there again. We had a blast up there last year. Fired up the new motor last night all i like is intercooler, rad and few small things, and we'll see what its got now lol

Yea chris we'll try to pick a good day maybe if you come back around to shoot another pull or somthing maybe we can do it then

very interested to see how it works, and would like to see some pics of it in the truck to see how well it fits.

I have a few more pics i will load up when i get a few minutes. As far as the fit i could have done just a little better job if i would have messured jus a little more to the truck. Intake actually is about a 1/4 inch too tall had to cut a small notch in bracing on hood, but actually could afford to lose a inch on height on hole intake to clear that fine. Also on my pulling truck we have part of the top of the firewall cut jus because its easier to work on and it is a pulling truck so i wasnt that worried about it but from the looks of it would have fit anyways. And as far as the intake runners being angled i think they are better the way they are, if you have ever seen the inside of one of these heads, which this is my first, every one of the intake runners are running toward the back of the motor. The way the intake is now the actual intake runner is right in line with the head runner.

Back