My New DD

Billysgoat

The ANTI-BLING!
1984 Mercedes 300SD with ONLY 330K on the clock! LOL Just got it back from the body shop getting some work done to it. I purchased it with some light damage to the rear from a wreck so the car had a salvage title issued, to get a tag for it in MS the damage must be repaired and the car inspected by the Highway Patrol, hence the body shop. It still needs some TLC, but overall is in great shape, only two semi major issues with it right now, AC and cruise are inop, but that is what parts cars are for :D The only other "issue" with it is power, specifically lack thereof :bang Lets face it, a whopping 120 horsies is NOT going to accelerate a 3600lb tank very quickly.

But that's fixable :evil

As I make adjustments to the IP and play with other means of HP addition it's my intention to take lots of pics and maybe even some notes and post it up here for the edification of you the member. Since Dyno Dave will be in attendance at the TS outlaw race it should get on the dyno there for a baseline HP measurement, as changes are made I'll try to get newer numbers or at least some kind of definitive indicators such as 0-60 or some such.

100_0913_Medium_.JPG

Goat and the Merc
100_0915_Medium_.JPG

Now I need some help, what to call it? My Dodge is the Goat, but what the heck do you call a Merc? For some reason "Das Hooptie" keeps floating around in my head LOL

Thats nice. Should be fun.
That engine should be the 3.0 Turbo Diesel right? Look forward to seeing your progress.

Murder it out!

Looks good

It needs a 5" exhaust too.

Won't fit......dammitt :bang LOL LOL

Billysbenz

That's one I had not thought of....

Thats nice. Should be fun.
That engine should be the 3.0 Turbo Diesel right? Look forward to seeing your progress.

Yeppers, OM617 all cast iron I-5, the Finns have managed to get one over 300HP, but I don't think this one will see that LOL

This is NOT a ricer!!!

Now, where did that (@&$(*@&^@* Ban Button go?? :banned: LOL

Low blow Phillis, low blow :bang

To answer your question yes, the paint is not totally screwed AND it has not been run through sweetgum thickets, hedges and assorted sections of woodland LOL LOL LOL

OH MY GOD!!!! Billy washed his truck between Houston and the time that pic was taken. I really thought his truck was brown when I first saw it. It's gonna fall apart for sure now. The dirt was holding it together.

Talk about a rough crowd, I'm getting jumped on by folks I hardly know LOL LOL LOL

In order......

Kinda sorta, gotta have some junk in the trunk...

I'm from Mississippi, NOT the backwoods of Jersey :poke:

Kiss it, been washed twice, FYI

Bite me Gimpy

Suck on a starfish ya knock kneed wannabe

There, believe that answered everybody??? LOL

Does that salvage title have a seal and raised ink? Man I just love the way a title feels when you run your fingers over it

Back