My new setup

RAB 38

I started on my new setup tonight. Installed a industrial injection 85% cp3. Got it on and running, took it for a short drive and I could really feel an improvement in throttle response.

The rest of my parts should be here over the next few weeks. My exergy 80% (150 hp) injectors should be to me by Friday. And I'm getting s300 s400 twins from chris at engineered diesel, should have those the following week. he has been awesome to work with, answering all my questions and going the extra effort to make sure I get the best set for my application and goals.

Looking forward to making 700-750 hp, mid to high 11's and a friendly driver on the street. Should be a fun ride.

What twins are you getting from Chris? I have been talking to him about a very similar set up.

We have not finalized the sizing yet. Drove the truck to work this morning and its amazing how much better the truck drives with the new pump, much less smoke and quicker spool.

Installed my new injectors today, they are smooth and quiet. They don't seem to haze at all. I didn't get to run it to hard because it's raining. My ED twins should be in on friday:ft:

I'm excited to see how it all works out for you Rob.

Did ya'll decide on what size twins you are getting?

Not yet need to talk to chris tomorrow. They were dynoing a truck that is set up similar with a touch smaller injector, he wanted to see how they worked before finalizing mine.

Thanks Scott looking forward to getting back to the track, may also go to fall brawl to get some new dyno numbers.

Did a compression test before I put the new injectors in and I'm between 450 and 500 psi across all cylinders.

My truck is at E.D. currently getting a new set of twins too. Glenn and Chris have been awsome!

i had a 64/480 external gate using their turbos but Farm Truck Diesel F'd them up so bad with mig wire and crappy fitting parts they are redoing them. I am going non gated for the time being and i would like to bump the 64 to a 66 since i have massive amounts of fuel and dont want them to top out to early. I will let Chris and Glenn make the proper call, i can always change it later.

i had a 64/480 external gate using their turbos but Farm Truck Diesel F'd them up so bad with mig wire and crappy fitting parts they are redoing them. I am going non gated for the time being and i would like to bump the 64 to a 66 since i have massive amounts of fuel and dont want them to top out to early. I will let Chris and Glenn make the proper call, i can always change it later.

What's a massive amount of fuel in a 3rd Gen? What hp
Injectors?

you went from DDP 90's to Exergy 80% and your getting LESS smoke using a SMARTY? what is your smarty on?

your new sticks are definitely balanced better but you went to a larger injector and got less smoke? i know ddp's are pretty messy but i have 50% overs in mine and i cant MAKE the smoke go away even with EFI live...

congrats on the mods tho man, looks like your in a step in the right direction!

Injectors?

I think it's going to be a 60 over 475, I have not talked to chris yet. As far as the larger injectors go, I was running setting 9 with the 90's and over time it got more and more smokey, the injectors I think were wore out and the pump was not up to the task anymore. I'm not saying it doesn't smoke but it seems to clear up better and not haze like the 90's. I am currently running the smarty on 5 and the power seems to be just as much if not more and spools the turbos better. I have not driven it to hard due to the weather around here over the last few days so I will have to see how things are with more time behind the wheel. I plan on getting on the and to the track once I get everything finished.

Injectors?

flux 6.2s, Floor It stg1/stg3.5 pumps, wild rail, sumped with big lines, ad220. Not too large these days but more than the usual i'd say.

Back