N.E. Ohio Diesel Dyno Day

crzycowboy

Comp Diesel Sponsor
It's that time of year again, where TI Dyno in Ashtabula Ohio will be hosting it's 7th Annual Rocktoberfest ALL DIESEL DYNO DAY. Saturday October 19th, 9am to LTD (Last Truck Done). This year Kevin has started his first ever Total Power Challange. This challange needs a minimum of 25 total trucks, and he will pay cash prizes for first and second place finishes in the following classes: Cummins, Power Stroke, and Duramax. How it works is out of your 3 runs, choose the one that gives you the highest total number when you add your HP and TQ together. That Total Power will land you a spot on the board! First place wins $150, and 2nd will land you $80!

As always, the price for the dyno will be 3 pulls for $75.

We are proud to help Kevin and sponsor this great event. He's still looking for any and all new sponsors, so if you're interested, feel free to contact him 440-474-2059. Leave a message please if he does not answer.

Look forward to seeing everyone there!

[ame="http://s148.photobucket.com/user/crzycwby/media/2013Rocktoberfestflyer.png.html"]2013 Rocktoberfest Diesel Dyno Day Photo by crzycwby | Photobucket[/ame]

Here is a better link to the flyer.

[ame="http://s148.photobucket.com/user/crzycwby/media/2013Rocktoberfestflyer.png.html"]2013 Rocktoberfest Diesel Dyno Day Photo by crzycwby | Photobucket[/ame]

Nice,right up against our clubs annual Fall Brawl dyno roll which happens every year the same weekend.We appreciate that.

Nice,right up against our clubs annual Fall Brawl dyno roll which happens every year the same weekend.We appreciate that.

Sorry man! Didn't realize you all had an event going on as well. That's our bad. Although our event has been the same weekend for the last couple years as well. I'm reminded about it every year due to it falls on my wife, and step son's birthday weekend...LOL She never lets that down...

Last edited:
Got some information this morning, a few more local companies have stepped up and helping out with the event...we'll have free hand cleaners, oil, and more for prizes in the Total Power Challenge.

Also, Wesley Beech, winner of the 2013 Diesel Power Challenge will be on hand! Come on out and see the truck that won! Wesley will strap down the truck for a few exhibition pulls as well!

We hope to see you there!

See ya there Josh. I'm bringing the '81 with the 4 bta. I'll probably take the high hp with it! LOLLOL

Also, Fall Brawl is 230 miles away, I doubt they will affect each other.

Last edited:
Also, Wesley Beech, winner of the 2013 Diesel Power Challenge will be on hand! Come on out and see the truck that won! Wesley will strap down the truck for a few exhibition pulls as well!

Hmmmmmm.........Exhibition Runs Eh.....

Also, Fall Brawl is 230 miles away, I doubt they will affect each other.

You act like this is all the way to the Left Coast or something.

This year Kevin has started his first ever Total Power Challange. This challange needs a minimum of 25 total trucks, and he will pay cash prizes for first and second place finishes in the following classes: Cummins, Power Stroke, and Duramax. How it works is out of your 3 runs, choose the one that gives you the highest total number when you add your HP and TQ together. That Total Power will land you a spot on the board! First place wins $150, and 2nd will land you $80!.

So tell me...
How many trucks have you guys done in the past years since no results are ever posted?.Many guys who may make this trip to try out your challenge may be a bit more than frustrated if you fail to draw 25 competitors and no payout is made.Is there a back up plan for that issue???

What's your problem Hammer????
I'm certain there's more than enough trucks to support 2 events 4 hours apart in one day.
I wouldn't drive 4 hours 1 way for a dyno only event, I don't know many who would.
Those in your area can come to yours, our area can come to the Ohio one.
I don't understand your attitude or why you're making an issue out of this!
Can't we all just get along?

I am NOT starting anything at all,please use your reading comprehension to get a better understanding...

There ARE many who will drive further than that "just to dyno"... My questions are legitimate and since your comprehension is so bad let me draw you a picture to make this alot clearer....

My question was simple....
There is never a set of results posted for any of your shows so I am trying to get a number of trucks you guys dyno to see if its worth my while to split the weekends shows and come out there Saturday.A Total HP challenge sounds like a bundle of fun but if the payout is NOT guaranteed with less than 25 trucks I want to know where this competition stands at in relationship to that?....

Does That make things alot easier for you to comprehend?????.You really need to relax,not everything I ask or post is meaning to bust someones balls....Sheesh

ME RELAX?!?! Read your posts! You act like it's money out of your own pocket that these two events occur on the same day.
Remember, humor, satire, etc. usually doesn't come off too well in print, that's why God gave us Smiley's!:D

I still don't see the problem, there's hundreds of dyno interested trucks in the area, and plenty to go around. The only trucks that will really be affected are those in between them, and they will simply have a choice of where to go. I've seen guys from Michigan, OH, PA, and NY, who IMHO would be nuts to drive well over 4 hours when there's an event right in their own back yard.

In reading your last post, and some past dyno posts, it seems like you may be interested in coming up, possibly doing both events, something which was NOT mentioned in your earlier posts. I'll happily shake your hand!:Cheer:

I'll agree with you that CRZYCOWBOY does need to post the numbers, he's a bit lax on that, and maybe you two can work out a schedule to offset one event, so the two aren't on the same weekend after this. Personally I'd like to see it a bit earlier, it gets cold up here in late October!!!
Perhaps the payout could be a percentage of the fees taken in, rather than a set number.

The Spring event had 300 spectators, and 24 trucks. N.E. Ohio Spring Diesel Dyno Day - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together
Usually there's about that many. Good crowd, good guys, lots of fun.
C'mon up.

So tell me...
How many trucks have you guys done in the past years since no results are ever posted?.Many guys who may make this trip to try out your challenge may be a bit more than frustrated if you fail to draw 25 competitors and no payout is made.Is there a back up plan for that issue???

I am NOT starting anything at all,please use your reading comprehension to get a better understanding...

There ARE many who will drive further than that "just to dyno"... My questions are legitimate and since your comprehension is so bad let me draw you a picture to make this alot clearer....

My question was simple....
There is never a set of results posted for any of your shows so I am trying to get a number of trucks you guys dyno to see if its worth my while to split the weekends shows and come out there Saturday.A Total HP challenge sounds like a bundle of fun but if the payout is NOT guaranteed with less than 25 trucks I want to know where this competition stands at in relationship to that?....

Does That make things alot easier for you to comprehend?????.You really need to relax,not everything I ask or post is meaning to bust someones balls....Sheesh

ME RELAX?!?! Read your posts! You act like it's money out of your own pocket that these two events occur on the same day.
Remember, humor, satire, etc. usually doesn't come off too well in print, that's why God gave us Smiley's!:D

I still don't see the problem, there's hundreds of dyno interested trucks in the area, and plenty to go around. The only trucks that will really be affected are those in between them, and they will simply have a choice of where to go. I've seen guys from Michigan, OH, PA, and NY, who IMHO would be nuts to drive well over 4 hours when there's an event right in their own back yard.

In reading your last post, and some past dyno posts, it seems like you may be interested in coming up, possibly doing both events, something which was NOT mentioned in your earlier posts. I'll happily shake your hand!:Cheer:

I'll agree with you that CRZYCOWBOY does need to post the numbers, he's a bit lax on that, and maybe you two can work out a schedule to offset one event, so the two aren't on the same weekend after this. Personally I'd like to see it a bit earlier, it gets cold up here in late October!!!
Perhaps the payout could be a percentage of the fees taken in, rather than a set number.

The Spring event had 300 spectators, and 24 trucks. N.E. Ohio Spring Diesel Dyno Day - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together
Usually there's about that many. Good crowd, good guys, lots of fun.
C'mon up.

Holy cow....:doh:

Ok, first off, I apologize for the lack of communication on my part. It's hard for me to update the forums sometimes with work, and my side business going on, and I didn't have the notification checked for this thread, anyways...

Second of all, I'm a sponsor of this event, and promote my sponsorship on the forums I'm active on. TI Dyno is responsible for posting results of the event. I will post them for him if he shares them with me.

Matt is right, this event usually attracts 20-25 trucks. This year we had 19 dyno. For the Total Power Challenge Kevin Pro-rated the cash payouts. Ended up paying $100 for first, and $50 for second, plus the prizes. The people who took first and second in the GM class were not on hand to receive their prizes, so they will have their checks mailed to them. Not sure how Kevin will work out the prizes that they won, but I'm sure he'll make it right. This is the 7th year he's had this event, and it's always been on the 3rd weekend in October. Again, I apologize for the conflict in events, but these things happen.

I'm more than happy to talk about future events, and even help out when I can with other ones. Those of you who have met me know I'm pretty laid back and easy going. Shoot me a PM, anytime for my personal number.

I hope this help clear the air a bit. :Cheer:

Never got a chance to go anywhere this weekend...
Issues tuning late Friday nite left me with a broken truck.

Hope that you had a good turnout.

Never got a chance to go anywhere this weekend...
Issues tuning late Friday nite left me with a broken truck.

Hope that you had a good turnout.

Well that sucks. Hope you can get it back together soon. We had 19 trucks dyno and over 50 spectators.

Heck a drove quite a bit further to go to numidia in the dreaded heat. Ashtabula is only 160mi from me maybe my truck will be together for this next year.

Heck a drove quite a bit further to go to numidia in the dreaded heat. Ashtabula is only 160mi from me maybe my truck will be together for this next year.

There is a spring event also. Should be in the new building by then.
Hopefully you, and Hammer can make that one.
I drove to Scheids last year, but that was much more than a dyno event.

The mighty 4BTA put down 164hp & 488tq.
The anchors in the cement held up:lolly:

Back