NADM Affiliate Race (Thank you NADM)

bbuchanan

Bucks Comm Racing
Event Update for Oct. 10

OUTLAW NADM Affiliate Race (Thank you NADM)

Gate opens at 8:30 am Qualifying will begin around 11:00am
Track address: 6750 Holts Store Rd. Julian, N.C. 27283 Phone: (336) 449-7411

Host hotel will be:
Comfort Inn in Burlington
2701 Kirkpatrick Rd.
Burlington, N.C.
(336) 584-4447
$71.00 per night, ALL rooms, except suites

$15.00 gate fee
$25.00 tech card
100% pay back on tech cards
Buck’s Comm. and NADM are donating extra cash winnings along with trophies.

Pro Street will be Pro Tree heads up, no index
Quick Diesel will be Sportsman Tree with a 7.70 index
E.T. speaks for itself.

If you have never drag raced your truck and would like a few tips, please PM me.
We will have a short Drag 101 for all that are interested in learning. Everyone has to start somewhere. You will not be laughed at for any “dumb questions”!
We are trying to build our sport up, and as much as I like the spectators, I hope they will line up in the lanes for the E.T. race. You don’t have to be fast to win an E.T. race, just consistent. We are not vendor specific. We need representation for ALL 3 brands.

I have had fairly good response on attendance, but would hope that every warm body that has access to a diesel truck within driving distance will show up to compete. The turn out for this race will dictate what will be done for next year. If turn out is good, we are thinking about a local Diesel Drag Race series, hosting multiple Outlaw events at several tracks through out the 2010 year. There is a possibility to include a sled pull for next year. We will have a Tug-of-War and trailer pull as a starter for this year.
As I said before, we are trying to build this sport in a positive way.

There is a good possibility some fast trucks from Georgia, Florida, Virginia and the good ole’ Carolina boys may show up.
I love competition! So bring it! :rockwoot:

The weather should be a little cooler, and the track prep is second to none. The track is prepped well enough on Test and Tune nights to hold 800+ HP and is all concrete. This track is VERY diesel friendly and will do whatever it takes to pull this event off.

If there are any questions, please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
Brian Buchanan (336) 819-1931
brianb@buckscomm.net
or just shoot me a PM

Thanks,
Brian

:tree:

Race Info

October 10, 2009
Piedmont Dargway
Greensboro, NC

Attachments

• trucks1 (2).jpg
    trucks1 (2).jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 15
  • trucks2 (2).jpg
    trucks2 (2).jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 9
Brian

Glad to help out. This will be a godd race as it has in the past. We will be at the Texas race that weekend, but wanted to lend a hand to brian. So make this race if you can and help the sport.

Chuck Rucker
NADM Drag Director

Chuck,

Thanks again for the support from NADM! Good luck in Texas!

Brian

Looking forward to this. Gonna be alot of fun stuff going on besides the racing too.

Brian I wish I could make it but I wont be back out to NC in time.

Awesome looking hardware Brian!

Judging from my youthful & precise eyesight - what are those 5 feet tall?

Ron,
Not quite 5 feet, but close enough for our "little race".:hehe: Everything is bigger in Texas! :eek:Thanks for the support! Good luck at the ODRA next weekend.

Brian

I have started a list of some of the competitors that have showed interest or committed to show for the Truck Jam 2009. Anyone else want to add their name? :rockwoot:

Jeff Garmon
Phil Taylor
Darrin Morrison
Mickey Davis
Jess Spruill
Buck Spruill
Jeff Dean
Matt Handwork
Brian Jelich
John Porterfield Sr.
John Porterfield Jr.
Mike Dolan
Brian Buchanan
Jim Snyder
Ed Wayne
Tim Burchette
Camron Burchette
Billy Mayo
Jay Mckee
Kyle Mcdowell
Keegan Mabe
Kevin York
David (BC847)
Chris (RatlRatl)
Kyle (Sticky)

I'm waiting on 2 turbos but, if I can get at least one show up this week, I plan to be there. It will be down to the wire getting it installed. That's a good group or racers you have so far, should be a fun weekend !!

I do not know if the new "test" input shaft will arrive in time for me to make it.

Just checked the 5 day forecast. Looks like rain all weekend in Julian. Keep us updated.

No rain! Tim Barber can't make it!:hehe: Sorry Tim, I had to.;)
Undergroundweather.com says 20%, thats 80% sunshine!

Sounds good, hope it stay that good or better. i really hate to drive 6 hours to another cancelled event. Been to too many of those this year.

Holy Cow!!! That was a great time!! I'm still floored about how much fun that was. Yes, some of it was redneck, but OH BOY was it entertaining. My hats off to Brian and Mike, the entire Buck's Comm crew and anybody else who had a hand in it. You guys put on a show. If the rain had not been threatening, this would have had ALOT more attendance and would have cemented this as an annual event not to miss. Biannual maybe?

Hey guys, for next year what about a DYNO too for one of the events?

Top notch! I'm still excited about it.

Thanks.

Keegan

Back