NADM @ Weekend on the Edge - Salt Lake City - September 3rd & 4th

triton

Scarlet Fever
flyer2.jpg

United Pullers from that area will be helping us with the pull on Saturday night!

Make sure you read our rules and your trucks qualify, United has been running our rules for a while now.

Oh wow....that's a nice black dually on that poster. I might have to come out to SLC and see it. :)

I was planning on coming out but not if it's put on by NADM. My truck don't fit the rules for sled pulling or drag racing. Howcome hoodstacks aren't legal in 2.8? At TS I saw 2.6 trucks running them. And since I run a 4wd and use slicks and nitrous what class would I have to enter? bracket? That don't sound worth it to me cause I only run heads up with it. Am I missing something or do I have it correct, no slicks in unmlimited street unless it's 2wd and not nitrous in pro street? Seems like there's a lot of west coast trucks that I know of that wouldn't fit in any of those classes.

TS is a outlaw event. NADM works with guidelines. You need to build your truck for the classes you want to run. You can't expect a org to make classes for for every option available in racing/pulling. Sometimes decisions are made at the track based on a vote with those racing/pulling faster classes. Most of the rules are based on NHRA

Your slicks are good as long as they're DOT rated

My slicks are not dot that's why I said I don't have a class to run. I just think it's wierd that you guys call it unlimited and you can run nitrous but you can't run a true slick on a 4wd and it's ok on a 2wd. Also whats your reason behind no hoodstacks in 2.8? I really wanted to come out but like I said I have no class to pull or race in, and my truck is nothing special just like most other trucks but it's not legal.

This event has over $10,000 in purses and prizes to be given at the event! Yes, purses will be cash checks passed out at the end of the event.

Edge and Premier has rounded up some unbelievable prizes from the manufacturers to pass out to competitors!

We'll be using United Pullers sled and they will be bringing a few of their tractors for the show. United Pullers have been using our rules for two years so everyone should be fine on teching.

We were in CA two years ago and everyone passed tech there so it should not be a problem - a side note - Bakersfield may become reality again in the near future!

I now have several trucks from the Midwest traveling out for the sled pull!

And some folks from WA coming down to drag race.

Shaping up to be a good crowd!

Still don't think smokin93 got his answer. Not sure on the drag race part. You might be o.k. on the sled pull part. I know united has been pretty good on giving guys a one time warning and making sure its fixed before you compete again. So i could be wrong. Maybe someone will chime in and clear it up. You could try and contact Josh Scott with united pullers im sure he would give you an answer. United Truck and Tractor Pullers
and they have a Face book page as well.

Still don't think smokin93 got his answer. Not sure on the drag race part. You might be o.k. on the sled pull part. I know united has been pretty good on giving guys a one time warning and making sure its fixed before you compete again. So i could be wrong. Maybe someone will chime in and clear it up. You could try and contact Josh Scott with united pullers im sure he would give you an answer. United Truck and Tractor Pullers

He got his answer, read the rules, comply or don't compete! We have thousands of competitors in the country who do want safety and read the rules. We had hundreds of competitors in CA who complied and hundreds in UT.

Sorry, that the truck possibly doesn't comply but we have insurance and SFI regulations that makes NADM a sanctioning body that is legal as a business for motor sports. Not much we can do but accept the competitors who want to run legally.

A few small infractions we can warn on but the rules is what makes us equal for everyone across the US. Hope he can come and run but we need to stick to the rules for safety - for everyone - fans and competitors to make the sport grow.

Appreciate the concern!

Thanks I have been waitin to get an answer.
The funny thing is the one they just gave me really has nothing to do with what I was asking, they talk about safety reasons but my two questions had nothing to do with safety. And about the pulling I was talikng to a friend that lives in Utah and he was telling me about the warning thing so maybe I could make it out there and at least pull. I just don't want to drive 10 hours and have to spectate.

When you guys had hundreds of people in CA comply the classes were set up different. Plus it would be the pro street style trucks we are talking about so you probably had less then 10 to worry about anyways.
One question, what class would a 9 or 10 second truck with 4 slicks and nitrous race in? If I read your rules correctly they would be in 12.00 or bracket, most people with those kind of trucks want to race heads up, seems like your turning trucks away instead of trying to help the sport when that is a very common setup. Last race in Redding we had me, Dmitri, and Brad Ponci (and drake if his didn't have problems) who all were running slicks and nitrous, but that was NHRDA where we fit into a class.

He got his answer, read the rules, comply or don't compete! We have thousands of competitors in the country who do want safety and read the rules. We had hundreds of competitors in CA who complied and hundreds in UT.

Sorry, that the truck possibly doesn't comply but we have insurance and SFI regulations that makes NADM a sanctioning body that is legal as a business for motor sports. Not much we can do but accept the competitors who want to run legally.

A few small infractions we can warn on but the rules is what makes us equal for everyone across the US. Hope he can come and run but we need to stick to the rules for safety - for everyone - fans and competitors to make the sport grow.

Appreciate the concern!

I'll be at the pulls I don't know if I can't get off work for the drag racing. But if they do it like years before its bracket racing so not a big deal to miss anyways IMO.

When you guys had hundreds of people in CA comply the classes were set up different. Plus it would be the pro street style trucks we are talking about so you probably had less then 10 to worry about anyways.
One question, what class would a 9 or 10 second truck with 4 slicks and nitrous race in? If I read your rules correctly they would be in 12.00 or bracket, most people with those kind of trucks want to race heads up, seems like your turning trucks away instead of trying to help the sport when that is a very common setup. Last race in Redding we had me, Dmitri, and Brad Ponci (and drake if his didn't have problems) who all were running slicks and nitrous, but that was NHRDA where we fit into a class.

We have pro drag class but it depends if your truck is setup with the proper safety equipment, like you said not that many trucks to worry about. I'm sure we can find a class you will fit to run if the safety equipment is there.

NADM's rules are set up a little different since we our sanctioned by SFI but they do match the safety equipment of NHRA. You will find we have our own techs and not the tracks which is an advantage for diesels!

Come on out and we'll have some fun.

Okay guys heres the deal, NADM has rented the track for the entire nite if I can get 80-100 trucks racing Friday night!

Now we had 48 trucks last year which isn't enough to fill their Friday night schedule so unless I can get local trucks to race - the gasser trash will be put back into the program!

So what's it going to be? All nite diesels or mixed gasser trash?

Sound off to let me know on here and tell your buddies, it will not cost that much to race $35 and you could win $1000 even in the street class.

ET
Quick Diesel 12.0 index
Pro Street

Okay guys heres the deal, NADM has rented the track for the entire nite if I can get 80-100 trucks racing Friday night!

Now we had 48 trucks last year which isn't enough to fill their Friday night schedule so unless I can get local trucks to race - the gasser trash will be put back into the program!

So what's it going to be? All nite diesels or mixed gasser trash?

Sound off to let me know on here and tell your buddies, it will not cost that much to race $35 and you could win $1000 even in the street class.

ET
Quick Diesel 12.0 index
Pro Street

I will be there to run ET... Slow and consistent right?:hehe:

Back