Need a favor

Billysgoat

The ANTI-BLING!
If someone has a VP engine out of a truck and nekkid, I need a pic of the driver's side please. I really need one without the VP or ECM, head does not matter either way.

What I need it for is to help me track down an oil leak that is coming from somewhere above the oil galley plugs, but below head/block juncture.

Either post it here, or e-mail it to me bg at competitiondiesel dot com.

I agree with tappet cover but if ya need a pic I have several VP engines on pallets and can get you a pic.

Well, that was easy LOL Guess I need to holler at a certain Steeler fan and get a gasket this way.

Assuming that I will have to strip most of the driver's side of the block to get to it? VP, ECM, fuel filter all have to come off?

may not have to pull the vp. i belive you can work around it.

Takes less than 30mins to yank the VP and it will make life that much easier.

Ok billy, you really should have called me on this. I had to reseal the one on my fummins 2x in one day.

Pull intake, AAPS, fuel lines, vp, ecm, lift pump bkt, and the lower vp bkt. I used permatex right stuff to seal mine.....lots of it.

Ok billy, you really should have called me on this. I had to reseal the one on my fummins 2x in one day.

Pull intake, AAPS, fuel lines, vp, ecm, lift pump bkt, and the lower vp bkt. I used permatex right stuff to seal mine.....lots of it.

Don't forget to tell him about the 9mm bolts! LOL

thats what i use when i reseal them. never had one come back. just make sure you let it set for the time to full cure.

Thanks for the info guys, kinda sad though, in 250(ish)k miles the VP has never been off the truck, now I'm going to pull it just to fix an oil leak :bang :bang Oh well, it;s going through about a quart per 40 miles driven, so something has to be done, like right friggin now! Sitting for long enough to cure the sealant is not an issue, I drive the Vdub to work etc, the truck stays parked most of the time.

Huh, I just used a gasket I bought. Used some sploge (RTV) to kinda hold the gasket in place till I got it on. Had to do it three times on mine. From the time I disconnected the batteries till it fired up was just under 3 hours, it aint bad at all.

It will take me longer than that, I'm anal and will likely be correcting anything else I see that is even slightly out of kilter while I'm in there LOL Not to mention cleanup, good thing O'Rielly has brake cleaner 2 for $4 :D

Yea, I hear ya man. If I remember right you have to remove the oil pressure sensor as well.. I had to buy a special socket to get it out.

Brake cleaner works damn good but for a big area I use this stuff from sams called ProForce heavy duty degreaser. Mix it 75% proforce 25% water. It works great for getting oil stains off concrete as well.

i just took mine apart today too for the same thing! wheres the best place to get a new gasket from?

^^ What he said.

Apart, back together, gasket was toast to the point of "Just use sealant and pray" LOL Find out in the AM if it's gonna hold or not.

Back