Need a few educated guesses

dieselracer07

Finally took my truck to the track today. Didn't have a front driveshaft so all passes were in 2wd, and it was a slip and slide the whole time. Truck weighed in at 6810 pounds. My ET was terrible. I had to back out of it so many times to get traction again. I also couldn't get it to go into OD until the last 100' or so. It would slingshot the speedometer as soon as it went into OD. I'm just curious what kind of times I could expect if I hooked and all went well. I expect my mph would be much better too with traction and OD working like it should.
Mine is left lane
u8e2a5uv.jpg

Sent from my paperweight

Low 12's high 11's, considering the only decent thing about the pass was the mph, that's about all i have to go on.

My experience has been that mph actually varies only a little with tirespin, so figuring maybe 108-110 mph hooked up you're probably in the mid-low 12's. That is assuming you were up on the charger when you did finally get into it at the end.

low 12s, maybe. Get the driveshaft fixed for chrissakes.

Should be low 12's to high 11's, IF you drive decent. I have basically, except vp44 and 2wd. Your mph needs to be over 110 to get into the 11's with our trucks (most of the time).

Had the driveshaft, but didn't have the right u-joint. It fell under the charger every time I backed out and it would just slowly lug back. I think I could have gained a significant amount of mph if I didn't have to let off so much. I couldn't lock my converter under 60mph or it would just blow the tires. The time slips were embarrassing, but I believe that the speed shows promise. I'll have the shaft in tomorrow. I'm going to try to make a local grudge event at the 1/8 mile track.

Sent from my paperweight

Also, don't rag me too bad on the reaction time lol. I've never ran pro tree before and it caught me sleeping. I had barely started spooling it when the lights dropped.

Sent from my paperweight

its probably going to be in the low 12's like every one else said haha, I have a track time like that lying around, but it was a 16.5 at 105 LOL

its probably going to be in the low 12's like every one else said haha, I have a track time like that lying around, but it was a 16.5 at 105 LOL

My first pass was terrible. 16.9 at 98 lol. I don't feel all that bad tho. First time at the track with this truck, 2wd passes on 285/75/17s at 60psi, transmission not acting quite right, and have never played with the pump to get it all right.

Sent from my paperweight

LOL, I have a timeslip somewhere in DirtyMax, where we had a throttle sensor fault right at the launch, and it cleared up after several seconds. It was in the final round of an event, and I lost by a few hundredths to Rob Coddens (who was just running his tow rig in Pro Street) with something like a 12.20 @ 140!

better than what i ever did, 2.8 60' and 98mph in the 1/8 then 89mph @ 13.9

converter was too tight and couldnt spool then ran out of fuel (ran sumps dry w/quarter tank) before the 1000' cone

but it was consistent and took 2nd place that day in E.T. racing

I ran again yesterday, but wound up getting a tow truck for the ride home. Didn't have enough line pressure. Ate up all the 2nd gear clutches, stripped all the friction material off of the billet band, and the band demolished the drum. It's all back together now. It's back in the truck too. All that's left is the cross member and fluid. I'm fabbing my own cross member. To hell with this damn factory 2nd gen one. I can't thank Darren Morrison enough. He was busy as hell and dropped what he was doing to help me with my transmission. Unbeatable customer service!!!!

Sent from my paperweight

Darren is the freaking man!
dang dude, sounds like you murdered it well

Darren is the freaking man!
dang dude, sounds like you murdered it well

Sure is! When he first built the trans, I had him set the valve body up for a much lower HP towing setup. When I decided to turn up the wick and throw the big charger on, I forgot to crank up the line pressure. It's set on kill now tho haha.

Sent from my paperweight

Should be low 12's to high 11's, IF you drive decent. I have basically, except vp44 and 2wd. Your mph needs to be over 110 to get into the 11's with our trucks (most of the time).

when I ran 11.7 I did it at 107mph with a miserable 60ft (spinning all 6), OD wasnt having it as my timing was unknowingly low and the turbo would not stay lit on the top end

when I ran 11.7 I did it at 107mph with a miserable 60ft (spinning all 6), OD wasnt having it as my timing was unknowingly low and the turbo would not stay lit on the top end

What setup were you running when you made that pass? The 467?

Sent from my paperweight

A couple of weeks ago I had an 11.4@79mph when I blew a silicone coupling on my first run. I could only laugh when people came up to me in the pits and said great pass.

With your build, high 11s are possible.

Ran tonight. Took a little to much TV out and it was shifting too early and falling under the charger.
edymu4u9.jpg

Sent from my paperweight

I can't wait to get mine fixed up , will be posting some #'s , hope there worthy of bring posted, Lol

Back