Need A New Rearend

cahammer

I'm not fat I'm fluffy
alright ya'll i gernaded my rear end in the truck in my sig i need some input and advice i am looking at 3 options
1. go back to stock its the cheapest
2. go with an arb not the most expensive
3. go with a powerlock i have not heard much about this one

well what do ya run what works i am not daddy war bucks so price does limit me the axle is a 35 spline limited slip dana 80 so post up and give me your advice thanks in advance cahammer:thankyou2:

power lock will break easy, stock with a mini spools form scs the cheapest, a detroit locker is good too and cheaper then the arb

I have the Detroit and also broke one when I snaped an axle. If I had to do over I'd go with a spool.

thanks guys for the replies so far this truck has to be a daily driver so lets take that into the picture

house said:
power lock will break easy, stock with a mini spools form scs the cheapest, a detroit locker is good too and cheaper then the arb

Where do you find the mini spool from scs at? I have never heard of them.

I would still do the spool. The spool is consistant, same all the time and you know what to expect. The Detroit can give you some pucker factor with the way it locks and unlocks. If you break an axle with the Detroit you'll be buying another Detroit. They will not stand behind it.

I broke both axles, at the same time, then a single with a Detroit, it survived. Lucky, I guess.

They are not exactly street friendly, I found out. I think I'd go with an ARB, its nice to be able to shut it off. Also ran an Eaton Electric locker up front, I liked it.

Anything less than a Detroit, spool, or ARB, is throwing money away for sled pulling.

well I am going to go with the arb cause I am getting a good deal on it thanks for the replies cahammer

Ken in AZ said:
What about powertrax No-Slip drop in units for the open geared fellows?
I broke one behind my torque-less gasser. I wouldn't trust them for any real trucks, especially ruthless sled pullers.

brnadon.

joefarmer said:
I broke one behind my torque-less gasser. I wouldn't trust them for any real trucks, especially ruthless sled pullers.

brnadon.

Thanks, I was really close to buying one, I'm not a sledpuller, but I'm definitely over the 400hp mark so I'll keep clear of em.

Detroit it is then

thanks guys!

Back