Need advice please on a 7.3

machz1

i want to get into pulling and was wondering of a 2000 7.3 td superduty dually with a crewcab is a good building platform for a start? she has 275k on it. i realize engine and tranny would need"freshening up" lol. also how easy are the fords to get to make good power? thanks

They aren't cheap to get power out of, especially to be competitive in pulling. First thing you want to do is see what rods you have, being a 2000 you should have forged rods, but there is a chance of them being pmr's. If they are pmr's you want to get forged or billet depending on your goals. Worked forged rods can handle up to 800hp from what I've heard. No experience with them, others can chime in. If you are going to pull the engine I would figure out a game plan and start planning a good build. Really depends on what you want to spend.

If you have about 16 grand layin around call up hypermax and you can p pump that 7.3.

large set of sticks 400cc+
S4 charger to meet tech
built trans
head studs, push rods, valve springs etc...

be ready to replace alot of drivetrain and have fun!

a cummins would be a lil cheaper but a ppumped 7.3 is badass. stroked out has a nice puller, it all depends on how deep your pockets are is what it comes down too!!

Back