Need help, Broken pump top

saltyfly88

My pump top is cracked at the fuel screw. I need to know where I can find a pump top, or if anyone has one.

I tried swapping it with a non IC pump top but there's quite a few differences.

There are no differences between an I/c and non I/c pump top. Assuming of course, that they are both from a 1st gen application.

There are no differences between an I/c and non I/c pump top. Assuming of course, that they are both from a 1st gen application.
Have you even been into an '89 pump before?
They have screws to hold the AFC lever in, instead of the steel balls.
There's also other differences, but I'm not near one to go difference by difference, but it's substantially different.

Salty, I sent you a link to brand new ones for the 1990-1993 pumps for ~ $60 shipped, apparently you didn't get it?

Mark.

I'm aware of the screws vs balls...but that doesn't make at any different to install.

The fulcrum lever is different, the throttle lever is different, ksb, dv...etc.......but none of those things will the top not to work.

Is there something I am forgetting about? I've held many of i/c and non i/c pumps.

Last edited:
I believe the throttle shaft assemblies were also different, IIRC one was shorter.
The throttle arm itself is also differently shaped.

Mark.

I thought the actual housing itself was identicle, which would allow one to simply swap all of the stuff over.

I got the link mark. Thank you. The throttle shafts are different heights, I could use the the non ic linkage, but with the truck being an auto the tps won't won't because of the different style linkage. I know I can delete the tps, But for now I want to run one.

The throttle shafts are different heights, I could use the the non ic linkage, but with the truck being an auto the tps won't won't because of the different style linkage.

Ah, that makes sense. Not thinking about the autos (I'm used to only manuals in 1st gens).

Back