Need Help dont know what to do

TwinCummins02

Texas Diesel Runner
I have a 02 2500 6sp im running BDtwins ,BD intercooler,ats three piece manifold with 4" pipes all the way and banks ram air intake. and i dont know were to go from here, i am some what new to the diesel world and dont know what would be best

Last edited:
Did you buy the truck like that? I would try to find out who owned it before and ask what injectors are in in it.

ya thats the way i bought it is there a way to find that out by pulling one of the injectors

Maybe if you yank one out and take it to a dealer. You need to get th truck on a dyno, we could make a guess about the injectors then.

We need more info, but you know that now, and neverfear, we are top notch at helping you spend money LOL

I got it to the dyno today but becuase my clutch is so bad we were burning right through it and i was only produsing 185hp and 348ftlbs

Man that sucks. I have seen that truck, and will be watching out for ya.

WOW :doh: 185 hp with twins??:bang Better get that SouthBend Clutch in there and break it in and then make a return trip to the dyno for the REAL numbers.:evil :woohoo:

what does a south bend useully run just wondering and i guess i need to uprade the flywheel as well and since it has been runing like that shout i go ahead and rebuild the hole trainsmission, im sorry guys dont mean to ask so many guestions , thanks guys for all the help

Tranny should be fine, the NV5600 is an unbelievablely strong tranny, I'll bet 6th gear synchro has bit the dust (grinds going into 6th no matter what you do) but that's a common problem, just learn to float it and be done.

As for clutches, all my dealings have been with South Bend Clutch, they are not cheap, but they are good units and I have had great service from them. With twins I would not look into anything less than the Con-OFE or FE, either one is going to run close to the $1000 mark by the time you resurface the flywheel etc. I would strongly suggest a Dual Disk unit if you plan to spedpull or dragrace very much, the single disk clutches just won't take the abuse. There are some drawbacks to the DD though, they rattle with the pedal mashed in, tend to be grabby until the 3rd or 4th time you do a 3rd gear burnout and they are costly, about $1400 or so IIRC.

Decide what you are likely to use the truck for the most, or how you are going to treat it ad make your choice from there. There are other good clutch manufacturers out there, all my experience has been with South Bend so that's who I talk about.

i will be doing some drag but not a hole lot but i wanna go with the best and it does scratch going in to 6th and grinds really good going into reverse unless i go into 5th 6th then reverse then it is fine i have line them all up

i know this is a stupid question but when i am looking for the right clutch and it is talking about ETH what is that and how do i know if my tranny has it

ETH= High Output motor. Came from the factory with 245 HP and the 6 speed the ETC trucks are 235 from the factory and come in front of autos and 5 speeds.

Yeppers, you do, which is both good and bad, the biggest bad is the pump which just won't support more than about 500HP :D

im only geting 25psi of boost with the twins i think i need more fuel , man im just finding more and more thing to fixs on this truck, but thats the fun part i guess

Back