need help id'ing turbo

swamp_ratt

Snootchie Bootchies
Bought a big holset last weekend that is missing the id tag. Only numbers on it that i seen are on the exhaust housing. I know its off a bigger cummins (semi truck engine) but not shure which one. So, i could use some help identifyin it.

The numbers i found on the exhaust housing are...
B6AD
29 129

Want to try to get what model it is. It is a reverse rotation turbo as well and is pretty big. Havent been able to find anything searching. Any info appreciated.

Likely an ht3b if the compressor housing has tabs holding it on, if it has a vband its an HT60.

Yeah its vband, i was thinkin an hx or ht60, but google images shows them to be different

It's the middle one standing up. The one that says holset. One a the other standing ones is off a 3406 cat for size referance.

[ame="http://m1236.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/swamp_ratt/b932e7f2.jpg.html?o=0&newest=1"]Mobile Photobucket[/ame]

Have any info on it? What would be a good size housing to run on it for a primary on my dt360?

By the numbers you posted, it should be 29cm. Look on the inside of the turbine throat to verify. It should work well as it is.

I have an HT4C as well. Looks just like that. Mines a 32cm housing iirc. Havn't actually looked at it in a long time.

probably looks just like this.

IMG00651-20110220-1755.jpg

IMG00653-20110220-1757.jpg

No I don't think so. Not at this time. I'm keeping it for future use still. Had it on a 24v before. May be going to my 12v.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

It's okay, most people that have them all have plans to use them. I was just thinking that setup with the 32 housing might match up good with my HX82.

No I don't think so. Not at this time. I'm keeping it for future use still. Had it on a 24v before. May be going to my 12v.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Did you run it as is with the 32? As an atmosphere? How'd it spool? Mine is going on as an atmosphere on a dt360 over an hx50

Yes like that with an HX40. in a stick truck. was little to laggy to light, but when it did, it wrapped the tach like right now. Killer for pulling, terrible on the street. I did step down to a HT3B in the same. and it was much better street manners.

TwinsPins005.jpg

Back