Need help on fuel system.

Headcase98002

I need help putting a new fuel system together. I am having issues with mounting and routing more than anything. I've seem to have some complications pulling fuel with a 3/8" pick-up.

List of parts:
- 050 OFV
- Vulcan dual feed
- Beans sump
- FASS 220gph adj. pump
- Donaldson filter and waster Seperator
- 1/2" line.

The filter bases can be seperated with the pump I between, or they can be attached. My major issue, I think, is the FASS has to be mounted horizontal with the weep hole facing down. I like to keep everything on the inside of the frame, but I don't see that happening.

I had my two filters on the frame between the fuel tank and the T-case. I'm not sure how big the FASS is, but you should be able to squeeze it and two filters there. I ran mine through the frame as much as possible on the way to the P-7100.

I can get a picture. It's a maximum of about 3" from the driveshaft. I think I can scoot my filter set-up toward the engine and mount the pump in front of the fuel tank. I was honestly just wanting to install the water seperator before the pump, or is that not needed?

I run one, but water never comes out when I drain it. I guess it all depends on where you get your fuel. I wouldn't be afraid of 3" from the driveshaft.

It will no longer be that close, but I was looking the other day and thought it would be nifty to install a fuel cell behind the rear axle under the bed.

I want to bring this back up. I will no longer be using the FASS, I sold it to run a Glacier Diesel Fuel BOSS. I will be using this along with a Tork Tech OFV Regulator, but being that I'm a P-Pumped 24v, I have the OFV plumbed into the factory return/injector return. I'm curious if this will effect my injectors or not.

I never had any issues doing that. You would think the injectors would be returning a higher pressure than the injection pump. As long as you have a big enough line, you should be fine. I run 1/2" for all of my return. How are you plumbing the rest of it?

Alright, so I have it installed and running. While it's running, it runs great, but once I shut it off is takes a while to prime and dies a few seconds after it starts back up.

I have a beans sump going into a 20micron water Seperator and a 2micron fuel filter then to the Fuel BOSS and from there into the pump.

Kinda at a loss.

Sucking air somewhere, or you haven't had it running long enough.

Connector tubes tight and O-rings new? Did you check the fitting at the back of the head and does it have new washers? New washers on the pump fittings? Other fittings all tight?

I didn't realize you have the 2 micron before the fuel boss. I read as the fuel boss breaks in, some metal shavings get into the fuel and it is best to have your last filter after the pump.

Yes, I need to replumb my filters, but I needed it running to move. I talked to glacier and he thinks I might be pulling a vaccume in the tank.

Before I went 12 valve, I had a prime issue that I couldn't fix so I hope someone else chimes in for you. Do you have pulleys the correct way and what are you seeing for fuel pressure? I have the fuel lab regulator and I see 35-45 @ idle and 50-60 going down the road.

23psi at idle and about 65psi at full throttle. I want to verify these readings with another gauge though.

A cheap mechanical oil pressure gauge will work. I'd expect more at idle. When I first installed the assassin, I had the pulleys wrong so I only saw 20 @ idle.

Back