Need injector advice

RyanMayo

Truck is a full weight, QCSB, and daily driven. My ultimate goal is to be able to break into the 10s with it.

Lately it's started acting up a little... took it in to get checked out and was told the injectors are on their last leg.

I'm thinking I'll need something along the lines of 100% overs. Now, I'm certainly not made of money but I understand how these things go, and I'm the type of guy that would much rather pay the big bucks up front so I won't have to do it again.

I'm currently considering Exergy and BBI. I plan to call Exergy tomorrow, but until then what does the forum recommend?

What year is your truck?

I would recommend Exergy 100% overs work well. But there is more to the equation how much turbo(s) are you going to have?

Both of your choices are top notch. Only difference is that you don't need cores for BBi's as they are brand spanking new Bosch injectors, but modified to certain spec.

Sorry truck is an early 04.

Currently the turbo I have is a 64/71/14 from HTT, which I know isn't enough. I have dreams of a custom HE551ve setup, but it sure would be a lot easier to throw an s480 under my 64... but that'll come at a later date, along with another CP3.

For now it'll be tuned with a Smarty S-06. I'll do a UDC tune when the time comes.

I should also add that I don't really do much hauling with the truck, but I live in town, where I do a lot of stop-and-go driving. I want to keep the smoke to a minimum. I like everything BBI has to say about their products, but we all know talk is cheap. To my knowledge, there are only two guys on the forum with BBIs; one with stage 2s on his street truck and he says they're great, and one with 4s on a race truck.

Sorry truck is an early 04.

Currently the turbo I have is a 64/71/14 from HTT, which I know isn't enough. I have dreams of a custom HE551ve setup, but it sure would be a lot easier to throw an s480 under my 64... but that'll come at a later date, along with another CP3.

For now it'll be tuned with a Smarty S-06. I'll do a UDC tune when the time comes.

I should also add that I don't really do much hauling with the truck, but I live in town, where I do a lot of stop-and-go driving. I want to keep the smoke to a minimum. I like everything BBI has to say about their products, but we all know talk is cheap. To my knowledge, there are only two guys on the forum with BBIs; one with stage 2s on his street truck and he says they're great, and one with 4s on a race truck.

Call the guys at Sourceauto. They're running BBi's in their truck(s) and they sold me on them. That and I've exchanged numerous emails with the owner/founder of BBi. Let's just say that he does in fact know his chit.

There are a lot of differences between BBi Injectors and those mentioned which use the abrasive media honing. Between the Bodies, the internals, and the nozzles.

There are several with BBi's on the forums. All stages. I also run BBi Stage 1's and love them. Of course I would be accused of being prejudiced. Here are a few well know Gentlemen and here is what they have to say about them. http://smartyresource.com/bigbanginjectiontestimonials.aspx

So you have BBIs?

Edit-> This was directed at CBlack

Last edited:
So I finally spoke to Exergy. They recommended 150% overs, which was more than I thought I'd need, but I trust their expertise. He also said that with good tuning up to about 200% can be reasonable to drive on the street. I know there's a lot of guys here that are in that range, would anyone please share their experience?

Anyone?

Talked to Source Auto about the BBis yesterday too. I'm supposed to call back on Monday and talk to someone else, but I'm leaning slightly toward Exergy right now.

Back