Need new hx35 comp wheel

12valve

Diesel Boy
just like the title says, does anyone know of a place to buy a stock replacement wheel for a hx35 turbo of 96 12 valve 215hp?

I would say its probably easier and more convenient to just buy a complete turbo. if you just throw a wheel on you'll still have to send the turbo out to get it balanced if you want it to last for a while instead of maybe a couple thousand miles. From what I've seen as well '96 trucks come with a WH1C turbo. I have the one I just pulled off my '95 and its a WH1C but i think something went through the turbine when my motor blew up but the compressor wheel is good. can't see any damage on either wheel but the shaft has a little wobble to it. my brothers '96 also had a WH1C that he pulled off that was in good working order. if you'd be interested just PM me with an offer for either one. I'm in zip 02631 if you wanted to look up shipping prices.

It's a hx35.

This comp wheel has some damage, guess something came in there.. N chipped one blade.
Isn't it the wheels that are balanced? And not the whole assembly (just my assumption but I don't know)

if you look at the exhaust side there is usually part of the shaft machined off to balance them out. i would think it would have to be balanced as an assembly. sure the new wheel may be balanced but the whole assembly together probably won't be. when something is spinning over 100,000RPMs its not ounces, its grams off can wreak havvoc... just my $.02

HTT sells used ones for pretty cheap, I believe they come from all the hybrid conversions they do.

if you look at the exhaust side there is usually part of the shaft machined off to balance them out. i would think it would have to be balanced as an assembly. sure the new wheel may be balanced but the whole assembly together probably won't be. when something is spinning over 100,000RPMs its not ounces, its grams off can wreak havvoc... just my $.02

While what you are describing may be the ideal method, there are many, MANY turbos that have been pieced together in people's garages that have worked without balancing the assembly.

HX35s are a dime a dozen, I wouldn't waste my time or money on one so I'd just replace the wheel and see how well it works. If it fails, get another one.

While what you are describing may be the ideal method, there are many, MANY turbos that have been pieced together in people's garages that have worked without balancing the assembly.

HX35s are a dime a dozen, I wouldn't waste my time or money on one so I'd just replace the wheel and see how well it works. If it fails, get another one.

I know it would work, and maybe for a while. I was just saying that in all likelyhood in wouldn't last as long as a balanced unit. But it is only an HX35... so have at it. If I was going to do this i would just buy the HX35/40 Hybrid kit with the 60mm inducer and new cover. this is the website for high tech turbos kit High Tech Turbo it is $300 from them though.

IMHO, the longevity of the turbo will be much more dependent on the rest of the setup and driving habits of the operator.

Is there anybody wanting to get rid of a used Hx35 compressor wheel in good shape, from a 95-98 Cummins?

56 mm inducer 83mm exducer 8 blade

Yep but there seem to be only new 54mm
I need a 56 mm a cheap one

Back