Need opinions on coolant leak/possible EGR cooler

LiftedBlackHD

I noticed recently I had high egt's which I thought was due to the Atlas 40 FICM that I recently installed. I was seeing 1100 cruising at 70 mph. I had a Cat on my truck so I removed it which dropped the temps but not significantly.

Then I thought maybe there's an exhaust or boost leak. Boost levels are fine. I also noticed that I was losing coolant and when I park nose down it leaks down the back of the engine on the passanger side. I assumed this was the little blue hose for the EGR but now I'm not sure.

Yesterday I performed a cold start and climbed underneath. I noticed what appeared to be coolant bubbling out from the drivers side exhause manifold on the cylinder closest to the front bumper.

The only symptoms are high egt's, coolant loss and coolant bubbling out the exhaust manifold. The truck runs absolutely perfect with no smoke or any other symptoms.

Do you think it's the EGR cooler, head gaskets, both, or other?

I believe I can tackle the egr delete and oil cooler myself however I believe removing the heads would be beyond my abilities.

Any recommendations for a shop in the Northern Ca area near Modesto or Stockton?

Thanks

Pull your egr valve after sitting nose down overnight. If there is coolant in the intake under the egr valve or the valve looks steam cleaned the egr cooler is cracked.

Pull your egr valve after sitting nose down overnight. If there is coolant in the intake under the egr valve or the valve looks steam cleaned the egr cooler is cracked.

When I park nose down coolant leaks onto the driveway.

Would this explain the high egt's though?

Back