need opinions on nitrous

dwitt0187

cummins parts guy
my question is how bad am I going to over speed my charger or if I will

here is my setup and the amount of spray I want to add

Single s474 with a 231 exhaust housing t-3 foot 2 gen manifold.
flux 4
hamiliton big stick cam
smarty tnt/r
tst pmcr49
power puck

wanting to add a 100 shot will I poop the charger or do you think it will be ok im not going to daily drive with the spray it is kind of a one time thing unless I get hooked on drugs

thanks for the help guys.
Danny

Last edited:
Are you going to use 2 stages or just one? Are you wanting to use it at low boost to light the charger or hit it once the turbo is lit?

it has a hand held activation switch im going to use it to dyno

It doesnt take much to get an extra 100hp if you are overfueled. A 100hp shot on the dyno wont hurt anything. Thats really not that much. You have a couple different size pills to change out? If so, start small and go up till you start loosing power.

yeah i have like 5 differant pills for it

so you don't fill that it is will hurt the turbo?

bump i would like more to chime in about wether or not this is going to hurt to really over speed this turbo.

there are more people on here the play in with spray so lets hear about it.

thanks
Danny

Danny, forget the jets! Just use a -4an line if its just for the dyno. It'll be one hell of a shot!

Get an external gate for sure. That'll really help keep from overspeeding the turbo.

They will last for a little bit,, but I know first hand how much it sucks when they finally let go

I have canned this idea due to adding the tst is plenty when i posted this i had not ran the truck with the tst after a couple runs with it there is no need for the bottle. Thanks for the help guys.

Danny

How does that s-475 spool? Would it be to laggy to DD with it? I was thinking about going with a big single but wanted to gather info on how they drive.

Thanks, Joe

How does that s-475 spool? Would it be to laggy to DD with it? I was thinking about going with a big single but wanted to gather info on how they drive.

Thanks, Joe

I daily drive this truck it is laggy but now that im getting the hang of driving it again it's not bad. with the flux4 and the smarty on level 7 it won't get over 1400* so im happy with it. it is a strong turbo for sure the top end just seems endless.

Danny

Back