need overdrive to stay off (how)

Opinions Vary

A friend of mine is sled pulling is 04 common rail and we are trying to figure out how to be able to put it in drive with overdrive off and keep it from going into overdrive which is what has been happening. I know with the 24v if you redline 6 times it jumps to overdrive but this isnt reving its low rpms and is still jumping to overdrive. Please Help! :bang

My early 04 will also lock out overdrive in tow/haul

Must be a 05. For some reason these trucks DO NOT have a over drive off switch. Just a tow haul button. Holding tow haul will do nothing, dropping the trans to 2nd gear while traveling above 55 mph doesn't work. I've heard it all. Even in tow haul mode it will shift into overdrive in five or six seconds, conditions varying. You have two choices, bd diesel od of switch, or make you own. I just installed a over drive off switch in my 05 from this write up found here.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3...1-2005-overdive-lockout-switch-how-guide.html
Good luck!
let me know how it works.

Sent from my fancy thinking box

I had a BD box in my 05. Worked flawlessly. If you see this is what you need, pm me. I have 2 laying around.

04.5 has OD lock out also. 05' was the basket case year with only Tow/haul. Get the BD box as stated above if that is what it is.

Back