Need some advice on a tuner/box/whatever

JoshH

I just finished putting together a motor for a guy, and I need some advice on what tuner/box/module would be good for it. Here's what it has for modifications: Air Dog 165 fuel system, Bosch Motorsports 50 HP injectors, 63/68/14 turbo, Steed Speed manifold, and a Hamilton 178/208 cam. The truck seems to pull pretty good in the bottom and mid range, but it dies out up top around 3000 RPM. The EGTs are also pretty warm cruising, around 900 to 1000 at 70 mph. I'm sure it doesn't help that it's a dually with 37" tires and stock gears, but what single electronic performance enhancement would you guys recommend to help drop cruising EGTs and boost top end power? For the record, I did search. Oh, the truck is an early 04. Thanks guys.

I agree, UDC would be the best option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having the same problem with my truck but I'm pretty sure it's my turbo with stock fueling haha. I'm hoping udc with be a god send next week

What gears? He could be below the turbo in cruise speeds making it supply more fuel. UDC seems to be the way to go, got mine this week.

Boost is good while cruising. The guy isn't really looking for a lot of power. What about a Smarty Jr?

Maybe I'm weird but 900-1000 cruising is what my 01 and 06 would do no matter what modifications were done to them.

Back