need some exhaust help

Twoforme2

I am succombing to the Republic of Kalifornia's desires and putting things back on the truck to meet the smog requirements.

I have run into a snag though, when I changed out exhaust before I only saved what I thought I might ever need in the future (cat, downpipe, and muffler). problem is I discarded the rest of it.

So here I am trying to put it back together and find the distance between where I cut off the downpipe and the muffler too long for the length of the cat plus what I left on it when I cut it out...I know all a stupid mistake.:bang:bang

Anyway, what I need is if anyone has an 07 or similiar I need someone to measure the distance from the front of the muffler to the weld on the back of the cat(where it goes from the tapered part to the straight pipe to the muffler).

Also if someone is so inclined a picture of the hangers that go to the downpipe (another part I seem to have discarded), so I can maybe fab something up to work.

Hopefully someone here can help me.

So it has to ve in the exact stick location? You can't just weld the cat in where ever you want? Sucks to be in Cali

yeah I was told it needs to be in the "factory location"

I would imagine I could get away with a wee bit of fudging so if I knew about where the weld is from the downpipe to the front of the cat in relation to the cross member I should get pretty damn close.

I'd help ya out but I got 5" on mine. I can get distance from rear of cat to front if muffler if you need that tho.

Well without a definitive answer I took it to a muffler shop and let them put it in, then had them run the smog test. So if it was not in the appropriate place it would be their problem, not mine.

They did not write the work done on the receipt though, because they said it would show evidence of being tampered with...anyway, it is done and done...now two more years before I have to go through all this again...must be time to go bigger now!

Back