need some help/advice (rail pressure)

Out Back 4x4

On my project 03, have had nothing but trouble with the shop it was in, been down for a year and a half...anyway, got everything squared away. Went to start it today and rail pressure spiked and it was rattling like crazy and shut it off.

Truck has all brand new parts, ATS dual cp3, t&c rail, 30k prv, twin turbos, head work, exergy injectors...was just going to break it in this weekend after some last minute parts showed up. Have had it running (idling) around for a month or so, just haven't taken it out on the road.

Does this sound like a pressure sensor issue?

Hopefully my new fass relay will show up so I can try a different FCA and what you guys have said

Yeah scared the hell out of me on startup. Especially when you think of the brand new exergy injectors

I witnessed someone unplug the fca to diagnose a no start situation once, I thought there were gonna be pieces everywhere lol. Ive also driven 80 miles with a bare injector wire, my satelite radio wouldnt even stay in the cigarette lighter.

How recent was the dual cp3 kit installed?

If you look at the rail pressure sensor extension harness it can be plugged in either way, make sure it is the correct way with the ramp and the clip mate up.

I had a bad FCA from a cp3 that sat on the shelf for a year or so. Finally got my dual kit on, started the truck and it idled at 30k. Replaced it with a known good one and that fixed the issue.

Sent from my fancy thinking box

It was all hooked up within the last few months after I got the truck out of the shop it was in and took to a friend of miner's garage. Parts had been sitting a while. Hopefully just bad connection. I'll let you all know when the parts come in for my class so I can. Diagnose my problem.

Sorry it took so long. Finally got my nnew fittings for the FASS. Swapped out fca sensors with an extra I had. Tried it in both pumps. Truck would run fine for a few seconds then immediately spike rail pressure and run horrible. Also my gauges weren't reading correctly. Fuel pressure only read about 5 psi and my rail pressure gauges never read anything until it spiked. All of these are all of a sudden problems. Everything was fine one weekend. The next after I put a new fan hub bearing in, it all went to the crapper

wow. sounds like you have some gremlins. i was going to bet the FCA was the culprit.

i would start digging onto your harness. remove any tuners/ boxes then find someonw with a good scanner and see what it says the FCA is doing and then do an injector test to see what they are doing.

you can also OHM out each injector but im willing to bet its harness or ECM the way you are having other problems

Back