Need some help with a VE engine rebuild

cumminss2000

This is my first complete engine overhaul. I've p pumped a 24v and cam swaps and a few other things but I've never been in the bottom end before and I've never worked on a VE. It would be a piece of cake if I had taken it apart but I got the engine in pieces all the bolts in a bucket and so on. It needed new piston rings so I got a complete gasket kit, rings, and bearings. Here are i few gaskets, o rings and such that I don't know where they belong. If someone could help me identify them that'd be GREAT.

Last edited:
This is my first complete engine overhaul. I've p pumped a 24v and cam swaps and a few other things but I've never been in the bottom end before and I've never worked on a VE. It would be a piece of cake if I had taken it apart but I got the engine in pieces all the bolts in a bucket and so on. It needed new piston rings so I got a complete gasket kit, rings, and bearings. Here are i few gaskets, o rings and such that I don't know where they belong. If someone could help me identify them that'd be GREAT.

Attachments

• State Track 011.jpg
    State Track 011.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 0
Here is the progress I've made on the rebuild.

Attachments

• State Track 013.jpg
    State Track 013.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 0
I'm assuming you don't have a service manual of any kind. Scary.

Diesel Repair and Performance (LaCrosse Area)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2012-05-05, 8:51AM CDT
Reply to: gdmvw-2997502268@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am now offering diesel repair and performance services for Dodge Cummins, Chevy Duramax, and Ford Powerestroke trucks.
I can do any thing from general maintenance to all out competition trucks.
I can also get any parts you need.
So whether you you are building a drag racer, pulling truck or just want a little more power or more fuel mileage give me a call or text
608 487 6172 and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Jake

hmm interesting haha. if you dont know what or where some of those peices go you posted a pic of you obvisously aint worked on any 12v much or at all. example coppers for return line anybody thats pulled injectors out should know this

Waiting to hear THIS answer..................................

manual..................... we don't need no stinking manual!

Last edited:
Or something like this...

Manual?? I don't need no help from a Mexican to put my cummins together.

Make sure to use the 3/8" impact on the lower end and the 2/2" impact on the head. You will be good to go.

Some people never learn

I guess this thread is a gonner

Back