Need some help with motor build.

McEwen Logging

OK Im new here and Im looking for some help with a motor build. I have a 91.5 reg cab 5 speed. It still have the ve on it. Its got a few small things done to it now. Ok here is what im looking for out of this build. i want 400 to 450 hp. I do plan on running twins because I still need to be able to pull up to around 10,000 pounds. I was told I could run a cam and it woild help keep my egts in check. Please let me know if this is wrong. I do plan on doing head work and studs. f anyone can help me out it would be great.

Im aslo planging on running a S400 and S300. just dont know sizes yet. need some help with that one.

Im aslo planging on running a S400 and S300. just dont know sizes yet. need some help with that one.

450 hp
need huge injectors-6x16 or close
s300min.
cam
head porting
water meth
and a healthy clutch

iam shooting for the same. Head is getting ported next week or so.
then water meth...want to dyno it before anything else

Water meth is over rated. A good set of streetable twins would bennifit you more if your worried about egt's. A p-pump conversion would be a good choice aswell, but 450hp can be had with a VE pump, just takes some work. Another thing with EGT's is injector choice. Just becaue its a huge injector doesn't mean it will have high EGT's, it more of a get what you pay for thing and how well built the injectors are. For turbo's I would go with a good 62 or stock hx35 top charger and a S475 bottom charger. As for a cam, the Hamilton 181/210 seems to be a great choice for a street truck/ tow pig.

Last edited:
Im trying to stay away from water meth. Just not a fan of it. I have an hx35 on the truck now and I can pick up a s475 in about 2 weeks. Now what size injectors would be good for this set up. Would a regrind cam be ok for this set up. I would like to have a bilet cam but thats more than I want to spend right now. Thanks for the help.

No need in a billet cam for that little of HP goal. Hamilton uses new UGL cam cores on all of there cams. There are other cam guys out there using regrinds that are cheaper. Do a search and you can find them. A set of 7x.016 injectors would work great on a street truck with those twins.

I would like to run a Fletcher cam and head but i cant find a web page or a link anywhere. I see a lot of guys useing there stuff. Any help with this.

Here is Diesel Pro's (Bill Fletcher) info:

Phone :
360-939-2251

Stanwood, WA 98292
USA

Back