Need some help

tjl

Being a ford guy I know nothing about duramax's. My neighbor has an '02 gmc that he's having problems with. He say's it's running fine but he's getting a bunch fuel in the oil. It's getting so much fuel that it's pouring out the blow by tube. What are some things to check or look for.

Most likely he needs injectors or injector cups. To the best of my knowledge this is the main symptop of that. If so I believe his injectors are still under GM warranty.

It's got 137,000 miles on it. I thought the warranty ran out at 100,000.

Injectors are warrantied for ?? years/ 300k miles IIRC.

He has the miles, might be out of time however. Have him get it in and checked soon can easily take out a piston with a bad injector. Have them do a balance rate test on the truck, that will tell yoou in a hurry if you have a bad injector. Does it smoke white at idle?

they do have a recall on 10-03 injectors had to get it done to my truck i think i was 8 years but not for sure

thats exactly what happened to my 01 and i was 14 days out of warranty and gm denied me and the dealership i bought it from 3 weeks earlier wouldnt fix it. still drove it and sued them and they took the truck back needing new injectors and a turbo :)

Back