need some help

12 valve only

got a 92 with the ve pump it is hard starting. the truck is hard starting after sitting for any amount of time. It developed a leak around the throttle shaft so i figured that could be part of it do to air so tore it apart found bushing bad so sent pump in for a new bushing and needless to say it got rebuilt. So it has a rebuilt pump. installed pump and still had air in the system and would not bleed out. so i hooked hose directly up to lift pump and stuck it in a bucket and tried that still had air so i had a spare lift pump so i replaced it still has air can not figure out where its comin from so i need some help. I suspect its a check valve bleedin back not for sure where it is i think its the return fitting but not for sure?

there are no leaks when it is running at all and i am pretty confident about the lift pump cause i broke the line loose from the lift pump and and its movin alot of fuel but i dont have the right fittings to check pressure but it does the same stuff with both lift pumps i have tried. is the only check valve the return fitting or is there another one somewheres else?

There isn't a check valve on the return. The return banjo bolt has an orifice in it. possibly it is plugged? Pieces of the shut-down solenoid have been know to collect in there.

There isn't a check valve on the return. The return banjo bolt has an orifice in it. possibly it is plugged? Pieces of the shut-down solenoid have been know to collect in there.

ok is there anything else thanks alot for the help i will just have to keep tryin things

If it is plugged up it can make the IP run hot since the fuel is not circulating to cool it. It shouldn't blow anything out though. The main problem is it it hard to start after sitting?

If it is plugged up it can make the IP run hot since the fuel is not circulating to cool it. It shouldn't blow anything out though. The main problem is it it hard to start after sitting?

ya and the longer it sits the worse it is i was thinkin i might get it runnin and then shut it off and take a couple pair of pinch off pliers and pinch the suction and return off between the lift pump and the lines goin to the tank and then let it sit then take the pliers off and try it or just prime the lift pump before i start it. do you have any other suggestions thanks for the input its greatly appreciated.

You can splice in some clear line and watch for bubbles. Or you can put a little air pressure in the fuel tank and look for leaks. Don't get crazy, it doesn't take much. Use a blowgun and some rags in the filler neck.

Back