Need tad more lift.... ideas?

sredish

Where am I?
Ok, my setup is in my sig but for a quick run down on the front:

3.5" Fabtech drop hangers (3" lift)
4" Deaver springs
3" extended rear shackles (approx. 1.5" lift)

Now, my lift has been a step by step process. First Fabtech drop hangers then Donahoe mini-pack, then added x springs, then replaced springs with all new 4" deaver pack and finally an extended rear shackle to attempt a nice level look. Still, the front end sits a tad too low. The shackles were said to be a 1.5" lift and they did appear to be 3" longer, but still, I didn't get the truck where I want it on the front.

Anyone have an idea for an inexpensive way to get maybe another inch? For 3 bills or so, I'd consider some Donahoe drop hangers that should give me another inch but the full kit appears to be very pricey, more than i want to pay for an inch. Can I use my 2" mini-pack with my 4" Deavers with longer u-bolts? If the rear appears a tad high then, I'll do the final adjustment at the rear, plus I have air in the back, not a prob there. I really like the idea of the mini-packs and not sure why they wouldn't work, should fit in there okay, just longer u bolts, maybe that's the prob, the u bolts. I'm also considering fabbing up some even longer (maybe 4" total) rear shackles, but don't want to create issues with leaning and body roll. The truck steers easier with the longer rear shackles and helps fix the caster problem the front drop hangers produce. If I can get the 2" pack in there, I'll relevel the rear and maybe go for some 40's, which is what I'm geared for. :)

Anyways, any help is appreciated.

i wouldnt do the mini pack w/ the deavers - but ask DC he will have the best answer on that one.
i would get some 4.5" or 6" (MAX i would go) hangers/shackles to replace the 3.5s

alright, thanks for the info. I have a pm off to dan already..... i've had another person in the past tell me not to put this minis in there but wasn't sure of the reasoning behind it or if the guy knew what he was really talking about....

I responded to your PM.
I would recommend the DR 4.5" hanger and shackle. You could sell off your Fabtech setup and recoop much of the cost.

VSS makes a 6" hanger and shackle.

OR pull your 4" Deavers in favor of a some 6" Deavers......sell the 4s and recoop much of the cost.

Back