Need to get in touch with Zach asap

gneal02

Seminole Hater
Zach please contact me as soon as possible, sent PM with number. Does anyone else know how to get in contact with Zach on the weekend?

Well I think Tim at TRE Diesel has it figured out, he installed my 181/210 cam and it set the 0341 code and wouldn't clear, kept coming right back. He pulled it back a part and just called and said that he thinks its to much end play, it didn't measure within the Cummins specs, he is going to put in a titanium thrust washer he has for another cam of his if he cant fix it any other way. Don't quote me on all of this but I think this is the way I heard it.

Cam retainer isnt worn is it?

I don't believe so, Tim didn't mention that being a possible problem, and the engine only has 63000 original miles on it and I don't beat on it so I wouldn't think so.

Cam retainer isnt worn is it?

The problem didn't start until after the engine was warmed up at high idle for a while and then brought back down to normal idle. He also said as long as he kept it idled up the code wouldn't trip. Otherwise at normal idle it would come right back within 30 seconds of clearing it. Who knows, my truck has demons I believe, it just does some weird chit somethimes.

With all the work that goes into doing a cam check the cps and make sure its plugged in and no wires pulled out of the connector?

With all the work that goes into doing a cam check the cps and make sure its plugged in and no wires pulled out of the connector?

I asked him about that and he said he was nowhere near the cps and he didn't feel that censor or anything to do with it was the problem. He feels he found what caused it and is correcting it now so I guess we'll see once he is done.

Your truck is in good hands. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Problem solved, he just left me message saying he found the problem and fixed it. Zach also called and I explained everything to him and he was going to call Tim and make sure everything was good. I appreciate the help guys!

Nice job Tim

Tim sounds like he is a stand up guy! Most would never admit fault like that. That all comes back to paying someone that has been there and done that, it WILL make a differance. Now go and have fun with your ride.

Tim sounds like he is a stand up guy! Most would never admit fault like that. That all comes back to paying someone that has been there and done that, it WILL make a differance. Now go and have fun with your ride.

Yea Tim is the man, only person I let wrench on my truck besides me, he said it was his fault and he wasn't to proud to admit it . Even the best make mistakes every now and then.

swear I was gonna suggest cam being pressed on all the way, good deal its up and running. Glad Zach called ya too.

Back