need transmission help

03dodgeoffroad

ok i have a 03 with a nv5600 but i am tired of replacing it so i want a auto i dont want a extra computer so i want a 47rh with a manual valve body what i need help with is who should i get the tranny from and how do i hook up the switches for OD and lock up

i found a 47rh on ebay with a "extreme clutch kit" without a converter for about 1600 then i could get a converter for about 1000 and then a manual valvebody for a couple hundred is that all i need???

A flex plate should be included in your build!! Call Phil Taylor about your T/C (770)318-8696, "Thee Jeff" on your VB (404)557-4972. :Cheer:

you caught me on the flex plate i know i need one but forgot to add it would you sugest billet or laminet ???

you caught me on the flex plate i know i need one but forgot to add it would you sugest billet or laminet ???

I went with a Billet flexplate. Are you going to mod your truck any further? If you are then you might want to think about at least a billet input shaft. Depending on financials, a billet intermediate and output. Some members like a full billet unit. Others like billet input, stock intermediate with a billet output. Be careful with E**y "extreme clutch kit" transmissions.

i thought i read a little bit ago that the billet flexplates were causing things to break because they dont "flex" and also heard that people were having good luck with the stock intermediate

and yes i would like to add a few things to my truck down the road like injectors and a silverbullet

i thought i read a little bit ago that the billet flexplates were causing things to break because they dont "flex" and also heard that people were having good luck with the stock intermediate

and yes i would like to add a few things to my truck down the road like injectors and a silverbullet

So as not to spark a flex/trans/tc war. Call and talk with the trans builders. See who gives you the warm and fuzzy. :Cheer:

Back