Need tune and EGR advice/input

JoshH

I'm looking for some input on some stuff for a 6.0 Powerstroke. I have a guy asking me about mods for a 6.0 Powerstroke, but I'm not really familiar with them. I know SCT with a custom tune is the way to go, but I don't really know who to go to for that. The guy is looking for fuel mileage and better response to get rid of the turbo lag. He isn't going for all out power. Who do you guys recommend?

Also, it seems an EGR delete is a good idea too. Who makes the best kit, and how much of a PITA is it to install one of those?

Any help would be appreciated.

Adam with FCDP offers a good egr delete and he can get Innovative tunes for you. I've had excellent service with FCDP on my purchases.

Of course, there's several tuners and egr deletes out there. I've used about everyone's tunes and I'd say Innovative's tunes are about the best out there.

Adam with FCDP offers a good egr delete and he can get Innovative tunes for you. I've had excellent service with FCDP on my purchases.

Of course, there's several tuners and egr deletes out there. I've used about everyone's tunes and I'd say Innovative's tunes are about the best out there.
Thanks for the input. I'll talk to FCDP and see what they say.

Ditch the kitty and that coffin for a muffler these trucks come with and don't look back that was the biggest difference I noticed on my truck.

Sinister MFG makes a pretty nice and cheap egr delete. Ive put a bunch on and never had problems.

Sinister MFG makes a pretty nice and cheap egr delete. Ive put a bunch on and never had problems.

Cheap on a 6.0.....

OP. Get a custom tune from Innovative or Gearhead. Get the hottest non-studded tune they offer. They will yield the best performance and fuel economy.

Is this the kit you use? 6.0L Ford Powerstroke EGR Delete Kit

How difficult is it to install? Is it necessary to lift the cab?

That is the kit i have used and it is pretty straight forward to install their instructions are detailed and easy to follow. No need to lift the cab. Air helps a ton for the up pipe bolts. They also have another one i have yet to put on but looks good has oil cooler and egr delete, good way to address a couple problems at once. And no doubt run a custom tune that has been mentioned. Seems like the cookie cutter tuners like the edge and others have more potential to do damage since they are built for a wide range of added upgrades and not for your truck specifically.

Innovative for tunes.

Egr Deletes, it all depends on what you want to spend. The Sinister one is not that bad to put on, as stated no need to lift cab. Set aside about 6 to 8 hours to do, and it is strongly suggested to do an oil cooler at the same time. Pick up the intake gasket set from Ford, egr delete, and oil cooler kit and you have everything that you need except patience. LOL. Basically you remove everything from the valley of the engine to get to the intake. Remove intake and clean, it'll probally be choked up. Rebuild the oil cooler. For the turbo I found that is easier to start at the top lining anf tightening everything up and work your way down. GL.

i have used river citys kit i like it i have done 20 or so no cab off hardest thing is getting up pipe out

Hmmmm, don't think my ADD meds were working well when I made my first post in this thread.

Here is what I have done on my truck.

1. River City EGR delete kit. (improved drivability)
2. Ditched my stock exhaust for an MBRP Off Road. (This was the biggest noticable difference because of plugged cat)
3. Ordering tunes from Innovative. (Econ, Towing, Extreme Street)

Back