need your input on 2nd gen rear driveshaft loops please

toolmanoffroad

Dont tread on me
Now I hate to post up pics of an unfinished product, but I want to get some feedback before I spend any more time or money on this design if nobody likes it. It will be a bolt on loop that catches both rear driveshafts not only in one location but FOUR!!!! Front and rear of the first shaft, just behind the carrier bearing, and the front of the rear shaft. This is just a mock up that is tacked together for making a alignment jig, and there will be a few small changes like the design in the plate. Please let me know what you think... I value your opinion even if your totally wrong..... :kick::hehe:

Thanks,
Aaron/HD Fab

Attachments

• PICT0011.jpg
    PICT0011.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 131
  • PICT0009.jpg
    PICT0009.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 84
  • PICT0010.jpg
    PICT0010.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 97
From what I can see they look great.... I would have to see how they bolt up to the truck, but from these pics, they look great, but I would expect nothing less from you,,, lol

Kevin

What about trucks like mine with a one piece driveshaft?

These are made for a 4x4 with a two piece drive shaft and the carrier bearing sets inside the two main loops and bolts through the plate. I know that its kinda hard to imagine, but I wasnt able to take pictures with it installed before the truck has to leave the shop. As long as there is an interest in them I will continue to build them, and will have some coated next week along with some pictures of them installed. I know that they are overkill... I just want to make sure that I didnt go to far. :hehe:

Aaron, Like Brian asked what about the Short Bed 4X4's. Are they in the works ?? Thanks Steve B.

Aaron, Like Brian asked what about the Short Bed 4X4's. Are they in the works ?? Thanks Steve B.

Yes they are... as soon as I can find one to mock off of..:bang:bang

I think I have a neighbor that has a short 4x4... let me see what I can come up with... going to get the phone right now. :Cheer:

like you said earlier,they are strong enough to hold even Big Swole...LOL...very nice loops guys and will even have one of 3 logo's in the center plate...good job Aaron

There will be a couple designs that can be cut into the plate on the side. I already have a Cummins C, and a HD Fab design ready to be cut. I might even make it an option to have your logo put in for a small fee. What else would you guys like cut in there???

I almost called you earlier to ask if you were gonna do custom designs!

I would say to freehand something cool into mine, but I'd be scared to see what you would put:hehe:

yup...I like it. Looks like if I loose a joint or yoke, the fuel tank, & driveshaft both stand a good chance at survival. It would also be a cinch to install.

Now I hate to post up pics of an unfinished product, but I want to get some feedback before I spend any more time or money on this design if nobody likes it. It will be a bolt on loop that catches both rear driveshafts not only in one location but FOUR!!!! Front and rear of the first shaft, just behind the carrier bearing, and the front of the rear shaft. This is just a mock up that is tacked together for making a alignment jig, and there will be a few small changes like the design in the plate. Please let me know what you think... I value your opinion even if your totally wrong..... :kick::hehe:

Thanks,
Aaron/HD Fab

Will these work on my '07 quad cab long bed? If so how much?

Any pics of a 2nd gen std cab long bed (one piece shaft) loops?

Thanks
Ian

Back