Needing a dual disc for 5 speed 12 valve

DirtyMaxx03

Helping a friend shop for a dual disc clutch as his stock one is taking a dump. There seems to be a million options, dual disc, triple disc, organic, ceramic, and so on. So im asking you smart gentlemen, what is the best clutch for a nv4500? Truck will have a 63/68, 5x16's and supporting mods. Looking for a clutch that has some room to grow.

I just got a South Bend Dual Disc. The new one with ceramic and organic. It seems like the way to go. It will handle 650hp so they say. I guess I will find out.

SDD3250-5K or SDD3600-5K and SBCHYD-HD

that's a 3250 or 3600 plate load along with the bigger input shaft and the upgraded hydraulics

Your best bet is too call Valair and SBC and talk to them about your needs. You'll get a million different opinions on the Internet based on someone's driving style, how strong their leg is etc...

Both good people to deal with. Just call them up and have him explain to them what the truck is going to be used for, mods..etc. just as haloman pointed out is your best bet.

I usually try to avoid doing that. Im more interested in hearing real world testimonials from the average Joe, not listening to a company pimp their product to me.

thats too bad, because sometimes companys can recommend a certain part number over another based off your hp and what you actually use your truck for, for all you know, your "average Joe" picked the wrong one for his and now your getting bad information based off his decision, or maybe he has different driving habits, etc....

Its not always about how much power you will have, but equally what you will do with the said power that counts. just saying

Last edited:
thats too bad, because sometimes companys can recommend a certain part number over another based off your hp and what you actually use your truck for, for all you know, your "average Joe" picked the wrong one for his and now your getting bad information based off his decision, or maybe he has different driving habits, etc....

Its not always about how much power you will have, but equally what you will do with the said power that counts. just saying

X2..

Now that's customer service! Dan will be my next clutch builder!

If it makes a difference we went with a Valair. The truck is a DD. Not gonna make a crazy amount of power and the owner has a fairly light foot most of the time. The fact yalls clutches come with the hydraulics was the deal breaker. And that yall are a Texas company helped.

I do appreciate the business, I was just throwing my 0.02 out there so people would understand what they really need to know when choosing a clutch.

I do appreciate the business, I was just throwing my 0.02 out there so people would understand what they really need to know when choosing a clutch.

No problem brother. Now that we have a clutch, its time to add power.

Looking at getting a 63/68/.91 or a T3 gated 63/68 and either 5x14's or 5x16's. AD165, 191 DV's and 5'' exhaust is on the way. Pump has been maxxed out. I think its gonna be a fun truck when its buttoned up. Thanks guys

Back