Nevada State Fair - Guardnerville, NV

strokin_early99 said:
I will post this later but most of you that read this are planning on attending. I talked to Dave Rovella yesterday. He said the diesels will all be in the same exhibition class. The track is supposed to bite very good and out to a full 300'+. He said last year they had a total 127 trucks at the event. It went from 7-11:45. He mentioned he may have to limit the amount of exhibition pullers at some point. Registration is $40 with 2 pit passes and $20 each additional pit pass. If you call they will fax you the rules and regs however, if we are all in exhibition then I don't know if it matters. He did mention there is no nitrous allowed at the event. I will post more info when the fax arrives.

Howard, wtf are you talking about? What event where? Don't be so cryptic man lol. We all can't read your mind. :bang

Oh. Alrighty then. Sounds like he should be splitting up the diesels into normal diesel classes, but pullin's pullin.

Pangela said:
Oh. Alrighty then. Sounds like he should be splitting up the diesels into normal diesel classes, but pullin's pullin.

I did mentioned that to him. He said he didn't have time for it, "The tractors were going to steal the show anyway" he said and "there was no way Gary would let a diesel truck outpull one of his tractors". I would like to show him the distances pulled from the last two pulls. BBD outpulled anything on the track. It will be Gary's sled and the Cal Poly team handling the sled.

Oh well. I agree. A hook is a hook. I need the track time so I am going. Plus I get to see all of you guys and shoot the breeze. See ya' there....

Angela, Howard, I know you all are fairly new to sled pulling but have taken it seriously this year and I commend all who do, your good people and the kind of folks we need in this sport. But why would you support an event coordinator who doesn’t take the diesel class seriously???? Sled pulling has been going good here on the West coast for over 6 years now, and to support an event coordinator who doesn’t take us seriously (by that I mean not giving us more then one big class and charging more to hook) doesn’t make sense, at least to me. I prefer to support those folks who treat us with respect i.e. MLM, L&L, and even VTPA gave us two classes this year. Think about that excuse, they don’t have time that is BS if I run 30 trucks in one big class or 30 trucks in three classes how does that take more time? I am not picking on any one event coordinator or organization but all those who refuse to step up and give us a couple classes at least. In my opinion if you’re in a super street or mod class truck you shouldn’t be beating up on the daily drivers it’s not fare, and it doesn’t help the sport grow. We aren’t going to stop the one or two time a year stock pullers that are local from showing, but the Super Street and Mod class trucks are the show, and if we don’t show perhaps they will take us more seriously that’s my thinking. There is also the school of thinking in that we could go kick everybody asses, they will get pissed, and complain to the promoter, in my opinion the wrong way why piss off fellow pullers and cause hate and discontent against ourselves. Plain and simple we need to get organized!!!!!

I have spent a lot of time, and lost lots of money trying to support and bring this sport into the public eye here in the West and that is just the way I feel.

I am getting off my soap box now :)

BBD

Scott, I completely understand and agree, even though I do love a hook just to hook, it is frustrating when I (and the daily drivers) are clumped in with the kick ass likes of you and the guys like Nick D'Amico. I guess my point was that we're the little people and have no say in it, unless the only way to support our cause is NOT to go to these events. And there's no method to the way the sled is weighted all the same for our more mild modded rigs versus your bigger wild trucks. And you're right, how is it any different to have 30 rigs that are categorized, versus 30 rigs in one lump sum.

So, the question is, what do we do? Is there anything? or is this event known for this type of "un-organization" and flippant view towards diesels. I know we're still the "evil step child" in some minds... Would it help to have someone speak on our diesel behalf? or No...

I have tried to speak to one of the organizations and was given the same response "we don't have the time" Total BS. I am not saying this event is unorganized they just don't want to help us out and the funny part is now a days the diesels are a fresh change and people actually come out to see us. We actually have more trucks at some of the events and turn out is only getting better. In my opinion, again this my opinion and the way I am handling it in regards to my pulling program, is if there is only one class I am not attending. I am afraid the only way to make these organization take notice and take us serious is to unite and vote with our feet by walking away from them. Hughson (this year), Turlock, and so far this event, are the three that only had one class this year. I made the mistake of going Hughson with out checking on classes first, and it won’t happen again.

I can say if the price is as Howard stated at this event that is very resonable $40.00 + 2 pit passes.

Houghson was $40.00 for the driver and no additional pit passes, they were $20.00 each so Me, Dana, and Christopher = $80.00 no pay outs but I got a $10.00 trophy and lots of pissed folks because I was in there class.

I aplaude them for keeping the price down and making it afordable to hook, but come on guy's give us classes like our gas counterparts IT's TIME !!!!!!!

BBD

Last edited:
If I have the dana 80 under my truck I will be there for sure. Hollister is a really good track and always has a good diesel turnout.
strokin_early99 said:
I will post this later but most of you that read this are planning on attending. I talked to Dave Rovella yesterday. He said the diesels will all be in the same exhibition class. The track is supposed to bite very good and out to a full 300'+. He said last year they had a total 127 trucks at the event. It went from 7-11:45. He mentioned he may have to limit the amount of exhibition pullers at some point. Registration is $40 with 2 pit passes and $20 each additional pit pass. If you call they will fax you the rules and regs however, if we are all in exhibition then I don't know if it matters. He did mention there is no nitrous allowed at the event. I will post more info when the fax arrives.

:bigsmile:
SMOKIN93 said:
If I have the dana 80 under my truck I will be there for sure. Hollister is a really good track and always has a good diesel turnout.

I wish you better luck on the road and track then last weekend that crap takes a toll on ya, Good luck :bigsmile:

BBD

Thanks, Next year I'll focus more on what you said about supporting the diesels, This is my first year pulling and I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing, Now that I just bought a tow rig last night those Super Street diesels better watch out for me next year:bigsmile:
BigBadDodge said:
:bigsmile:

I wish you better luck on the road and track then last weekend that crap takes a toll on ya, Good luck :bigsmile:

BBD

mclunas said:
if anybody has a video of the white 2 gen dodge that broke in gardnerville. id like to see it thanks

If you haven't already, check out rockjeeps vid. Looks like he got your pull in G-ville.

I wanted to personally thank everyone for coming out and supporting the first Full Pull Truck and Tractor pull at the Nevada State Fair!! I hope you had as much fun as I did! You guys packed the house. There were over 60 vehicles ready to tear up the track. It was the best turn out that MLM has ever had. Pretty good for a 19 year old girl organizing it!! I do have to say that I had a ton of help from some awesome guys, My Dad Jim Forbus, TJ McPerson of Reno, the J & H crew from Redding, Screamin Diesel from Sparks, Carson Dodge, Scott Vorhees from Big Bad Diesel, the Nevada State Fair President, Chris Magenheimer, the MLM Motorsports gang, to name just a few. And my Grandpa "Capa" Bob Simerly for getting me into truck pulls and diesel trucks! They have asked me to do it again next year so mark your calenders for August 22, 2008 in Reno, NV! I'm already thinking of new ways to improve the pit area! It was great to see old friends and make new ones too! Thank you again for coming. If you have any questions or comments about the pull let me know. Feed back is always good.

Thanks Again,
Melissa Forbus
Full Pull Coordinator

Full Pull sponsors: Carson Dodge, Reeve Trucking, Mag-Hytec, Screamin Diesel, J & H Performance, TDR, South Bend Clutch, ATS, TST, Horizon Freight

Thanks for putin it on, I had a great time. I'll definantly be there next year.

I'm glad you had a good time! Sorry about your truck. Did you get it fixed yet?! I was talking to your brother he told me this is the second time thats happened?! Thats crazy. How much horse power do you have? Thanks again for coming. Hope to see you guys at May Madness!

Yeah I got it fixed, put in a dana 80 and got rid of the 70. It really doesn't have that much power, it's just mainly from the hopping. I am gonna try and make it to May Madness next year.

BigBadDodge said:
I have tried to speak to one of the organizations and was given the same response "we don't have the time" Total BS. I am not saying this event is unorganized they just don't want to help us out and the funny part is now a days the diesels are a fresh change and people actually come out to see us. We actually have more trucks at some of the events and turn out is only getting better. In my opinion, again this my opinion and the way I am handling it in regards to my pulling program, is if there is only one class I am not attending. I am afraid the only way to make these organization take notice and take us serious is to unite and vote with our feet by walking away from them. Hughson (this year), Turlock, and so far this event, are the three that only had one class this year. I made the mistake of going Hughson with out checking on classes first, and it won’t happen again.

I can say if the price is as Howard stated at this event that is very resonable $40.00 + 2 pit passes.

Houghson was $40.00 for the driver and no additional pit passes, they were $20.00 each so Me, Dana, and Christopher = $80.00 no pay outs but I got a $10.00 trophy and lots of pissed folks because I was in there class.

I aplaude them for keeping the price down and making it afordable to hook, but come on guy's give us classes like our gas counterparts IT's TIME !!!!!!!

BBD

I just came back to this thread after awhile...And I'll throw my 2 cents in, because I can (and I'm a woman, so I talk alot...)

#1. Melissa, you did a great job with the Reno event. Thank you so, so much for your time and efforts!

#2. I watched pulling from the sidelines for years before I had the balls to participate. Once I did, it has quickly become clear to me that in some cases (okay, most) that diesels are the "novelty" classes, if you will. People either already have a passion and respect for what we do, or they wonder what the hell all this smoke is about. However, at the end of the night, after folks like Scott have pulled I'd find you hard pressed to find one person that isn't a diesel fan. The effect that people like Scott, Clint Cannon, the Scheid crew, etc. have over a crowd is far more than any tractor I have ever seen. Show me grown men jump up and down and hoot like school girls at a tractor and I'll take it all back.
My point here is that the guys driving these trucks (Scott, Sutton, etc. over our direction) have made it so that people like me don't have to watch anymore. We get to play with the big boys, but on a level that is actually competetive. I personally feel as though we owe it to those guys to keep fighting for fair classes. Not only did they let us in their sandbox, but they gave us our own corner to build castles in, too! .
No, none of us make any money, but at some point it comes down to making it so us little guys (and girls!) can actually think about taking home a 1st place one night. (I'm planning on stealing D'amico's tires at the next event, if anybody else wants a chance at Street with me, please PM me :hehe: ) Not to mention, it's about getting out of the "novelty" category.

Yeah, it's all for love, but some people have busted their asses to make it a fair fight. My thanks to those individuals and promoters alike.

And no, I won't be in Hollister....

Oh and #3... For God's sake, Cole. When it hops, let off. I propose we start a pool for how many drivelines drop next season. You are a trooper, bud!

Is it worth trying to knock some sense into this guys head? Is this where we get Sutton, or some of you others that have better manners than I, to talk to rovella to see if he will change his mind? I am with all of you in not going but if we can maybe get this schmuck to change his mind from some smooth talking slickster, then maybe we could get our regular classes. I have no patience talking to a butt hole and he was just that when I talked to him. Maybe if he gets more than one person calling he will change his mind.

Any volunteers?

Do we just call the fairgrounds manager to let him know why we won't be there? May be that is just the snake in the shorts this rovella dude needs.

Howard

Back