New 2.8 truck... Ford 6.4

Looks pretty bad a$$ to me..like to see it on the track in action.

its a 6.4cr still, single turbo. jeremys trucks in the mechanical 6.0 and its 2wd

yea i especially like it when that car turns right in front of it.

I think one of the next closest pulls isn't till June 13th? Unless there's a brush pull up in Wisconsin that I don't know about that's sooner...

he hasnt hooked it yet but should be soon cant wait to see it in person this year

I am by no means an expert but it sounds like the ex. sid may be on the smal side if it is stating to spool just revving it. The on the road vid was not what a 2.8 truck should be IMO. If it spools tha quick it should hav tires roasting. Under powered/ under turbo'ed.

is that a "450" badge? mite not pass as a one ton or less.... jus sayin

X2 I noticed that as well. If it is a 450 the only places he would be able to hook is at brush pulls.

Looks like it runs great from the videos. Im anxious to see what it does when its hooked to a sled.

I am by no means an expert but it sounds like the ex. sid may be on the smal side if it is stating to spool just revving it. The on the road vid was not what a 2.8 truck should be IMO. If it spools tha quick it should hav tires roasting. Under powered/ under turbo'ed.

It is a S475 charger with a 1.10 exhaust T-4 housing with an 87 Ehaust wheel. It doesn't start to make any boost on the street until around 2500 rpms. In the free rev there it would make like 5 pounds at 4500 rpm.

There are not any 2.8 classes around this area. Only 3.0 open driveline and then 3.0 1-ton Driveline. The truck owner wanted to be able to pull with Badger Truck Puller every once in a while and they have the 1-ton drivetrain rule.

X2 I noticed that as well. If it is a 450 the only places he would be able to hook is at brush pulls.

Looks like it runs great from the videos. Im anxious to see what it does when its hooked to a sled.

The truck was a totaled truck. Everything on the truck has been replaced. The frame was bent everything was messed up. All parts on that truck are off a 3/4 ton truck. The rear axle, leaf springs and mounts are a Dana 80 out of a SWR Dodge. The front end is out of an F250. The bed it an F250 bed.

The owner of the truck is hoping to get it to hook to a sled soon. There are just lots of little things to finish. There are so many unknowns with this truck. How all the parts work with each other is still fairly untested waters. It needs to get on a dyno and see how the injector size works with the modded pump. Find out if the truck makes any power and where. It understand that is has a pretty aggressive cam in it so we need to see how the power band. In my opinion the truck runs and sounds very well in the 3000 to 5000 rpm range. Just have to see if it is actually making any power up there.

Back