new banks intercooler and 3.5 tubes 15psi less boost

revolutiondsl

Cat buys my Cummins parts
Put in a new intercooler, tubes and air horn and my boost went from about 55psi to 42psi is this pretty normal since there is a lot more surface area. I've checked for leaks and can't find anything.

Where is your boost measured at? And did you notice a drop in performance at all?

Pressure is a measure of restriction? 1000 psi in 1" pipe may be only 400psi in 3" pipe but flowing the same 100cfm.

Where is your boost measured at? And did you notice a drop in performance at all?

X2 if you're measuring before the intercooler you're seeing less restriction = less boost. After the intercooler you're seeing more cooling and denser air = less boost.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Still seems like alot of loss considering the restriction of the head was unchanged.

That's why I asked. Measured at head shouldn't change with this mod, at turbo it can....

Something is not right. No way you lost 13 psi of boost from just the I/C being changed. Pressure test and a bucket of soapy water is a good way of tracking down leaks.

I'm measured at the head. I've looked over everything a couple times and can't find anything loose or missing. I'm going to try and make or borrow some caps and pump it up and it should be pretty easy. I don't drive the truck much on the street maybe 2k a year so its hard to tell. It feels like its slower coming up on boost so I'm thinking there has to be a leak.

Less heat does mean less pressure, right? The cooler denser charge will have more O2 with less measurable pressure.

Back