New best 1/4!!!!!! almost stock d250

saltyfly88

My brother took my truck to the track on Saturday. The last time I ran it was 95*,track temp was 110* and the best I could do was 2.1 60ft, 15.01 @ 83mph, truck wasn't shifting into do

The day he ran it was 75* he ran 2.0 60ft, 14.84 @ 86 mph still not shifting into od

The od shift problem is due to a bad tps, I ordered a DNR tps delete, to fix this.

Truck info, 93 d250 rclb, auto, 366 spring, stock turbo, injectors, transmission, Denny t stg 1, timing bump, 265/70r16 tires

I plan on having it run low 14 or high 13's within 2weeks. Will be in the 12'2 next year with a stock 12mm pump. Going to push the stock stuff as hard as I can. Using a little :nos: if needed lol

It's crazy to think that these trucks can run 14's in the quarter basically stock.

1200 rpms, not sure how much boost, haven't hooked up a gauge lol. we set the rear tires at 25psi, any higher or lower it hooks worse.
The tires still spin. I need a set of slicks 31x10.5, the truck will hook much better.
It's hard to get a good 60' time on street tires. But I like to run on the because its how I drive the truck everyday.

That is pretty good for a stock truck

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

There was a nice base model 3rd gen. It was a regular cab long bed, 2wd, with a efi live tune. It was neat to watch the white smoke role off the tires lightly while he ran a low 14. The truck was a neat little setup. It would be a brisk little daily driver that would confuse most people as it barely hazed more than stock.

If I can find a set of slicks for a decent price ill buy them, I think it would be a very low 14. What's killing it is not being able to hook, it spins for the the first 130-150 feet, along with it not shifting into od is hurting the the times.

Unless you have a tight converter or 4.10s, i didn't see but maybe .1 sec difference on my 1/4 mile times. Then again, i was running 16 flat. Mine was an extended cab 3.55 2wd. I also couldn't launch hard because it would spin.

I think ive still got a set of 31x18.5 R15.
M/T sportsmans. Can you fit a 15" rim over your brakes?

Wanted: tapatalk signature

Thats what she said. Giggety.
Thats also the problem, they are going to suck to ship.

Wanted: tapatalk signature

With nitrous, I made 448rwhp on mine with a 12mm, so depending on weight and traction you should be darn close.

Once you get that thing hookin off the line, with it's light weight, you'r going to cut some nice times.

That's the plan. I'm looking at slicks now lol

If anyone has a set of 31 or 32" slicks with a 10.5 to 12.5 width please let me know.

There was a nice base model 3rd gen. It was a regular cab long bed, 2wd, with a efi live tune. It was neat to watch the white smoke role off the tires lightly while he ran a low 14. The truck was a neat little setup. It would be a brisk little daily driver that would confuse most people as it barely hazed more than stock.

A Virtually Bone Stock 2wd 3rd gen could run low 13's with the right programming.

Last edited:
I just ran a 15.58 with a 4wd and manual.

Jon, you gave me a mark to go for. I'm going to try this for the first time next weekend. Shifting gears I won't expect much, just hope to have it still running by the time I'm done embarrassing myself.

Back