New best 1/4!!!!!! almost stock d250

I get up too the line in 4wd, launch at an rpm the ve wasn't designed for in 2nd, rape the 2-3 shift, and no lift the other shifts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I get up too the line in 4wd, launch at an rpm the ve wasn't designed for in 2nd, rape the 2-3 shift, and no lift the other shifts.

This is the best description, of what I've witnessed, when it comes to banging gears with a first gen.

I doubt I'll do anything like that. Duel disk and a max of 3100 rpm, I'll more than likely try to do a 3rd gear boosted launch. But we will see how it goes. My best torque comes on at 2200ish rpm on the dyno, so I'll try there. I'm aware I won't be able to load it like that but that's my best guess on where to start.

I've heard the OD is pretty weak in the 518 auto. I think the fastest stock trans 1st gens will always be with the 727.

I've heard the OD is pretty weak in the 518 auto. I think the fastest stock trans 1st gens will always be with the 727.

I would say it is the converter. You lower your rpm but now have to apply more torque to achieve the same result. Also with less RPMs comes less efficiency so it is a lose lose type of situation.

I doubt I'll do anything like that. Duel disk and a max of 3100 rpm, I'll more than likely try to do a 3rd gear boosted launch. But we will see how it goes. My best torque comes on at 2200ish rpm on the dyno, so I'll try there. I'm aware I won't be able to load it like that but that's my best guess on where to start.

I watched my cousin heel toe his brake and throttle. That way he could load it.

Back