New Borg Warner S300sxe Turbos

0821b1dbe2290188ec43bca776eafd07.jpg

Link has two hyper protocol and an a that's not underscored as part of the link

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3SVo4ko7-g"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3SVo4ko7-ga[/ame]
Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Definitely doesn't sound like you ever got on top of it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That looks really lazy. Also how bad does the truck smoke typically. Never seen one smoke that bad with no load. Last question. How did you pressure test the charger are system?

Almost seems as if it had to much fuel and flooded turbo. Also was it a loaded dyno? If not that could be some of the issue

Always on the same dyno?

The last 3 times yes. Last time it made 550hp on a gtx4088r.

Anything on the dyno graph, boost, drive pressure, rpms?

Nope fairly cluttered.

Sounds like the pump governor is lazy to me. Couple clicks may fix it..

A lazy gov would be seeing lack of fuel down low. I believe we are way over fueled. Probably to the point of hurting the numbers.

It had the the fuel, just not quick enough. What afc spring is in this thing? Which gsk?

I believe it still has a 215 spring. I have some adjustable valves to start messing with it so we'll be putting in a very light spring. Haisley 5ks

That looks really lazy. Also how bad does the truck smoke typically. Never seen one smoke that bad with no load. Last question. How did you pressure test the charger are system?

It is a loaded dyno. They might have been brake loading in this video. The truck doesn't smoke too terrible normally. Pressure test kit boost line to boost line.

The last 3 times yes. Last time it made 550hp on a gtx4088r.

Nope fairly cluttered.

A lazy gov would be seeing lack of fuel down low. I believe we are way over fueled. Probably to the point of hurting the numbers.

I believe it still has a 215 spring. I have some adjustable valves to start messing with it so we'll be putting in a very light spring. Haisley 5ks

It is a loaded dyno. They might have been brake loading in this video. The truck doesn't smoke too terrible normally. Pressure test kit boost line to boost line.

Might try Inlet of turbo against the valves. It never holds pressure long but it can find a bad Intake gasket or cac tube oring issue. I do it at the shop a lot.

I got my 369 mounted up today. Sac 5x14s, 7mm d.v. 215 pump with 530cc of fuel. 20° It is extremely quiet... makes good power and isn't too laggy. Was running a 6 blade billet 63/68/.83. Definitely not as responsive but should help with broken parts from the torQue the 63 had. I think my head gasket shot the chit though on the first play time with it haha

Attachments

• 20160314_160317.jpg
    20160314_160317.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 0
Wow, ~70-75 psi.
That's workin it for sure!

Which housing did you go with? (T4 X .91?)
I just swapped out the T3 stainless housing for the T4 X .91.....Hope it's not too laggy....

My fuel plate definitely needs moved back a touch. I had the pump maxed at 530cc then added the 100 cc d.v. Right now once the governor arm leaves the afc to go to the plate it would probably black out four lanes of traffic( don't want that). So there is no control of pedal after the afc is out of play, it's just like a light switch. Definitely some tuning to be done.

What are these 69's able to push psi wise?

We've been pushing them into the 70s on boost pressure. No issues so far. We've had great luck with them. Looks like the people that are having lag issues need to spend some serious time tuning their trucks. Lots of fuel on the low end does not help your lag issues. .91 T4 is perfect for 12v daily drivers. Weve been running 1.0 on the 6.7 CR with nothing but great results and not a single failure yet. Many are wondering the limit of this turbo. We haven't seen it yet. A good gated manifold and some good tuning, and these turbos cant be beat for the money invested. Our dyno results have shown theres not a better option out there for the money. If anyone has any questions about the sxe s3 and s4, give me a call before 5pm and Ill be more than happy to help with your questions with the results we have currently.
812698-1736

We've been pushing them into the 70s on boost pressure. No issues so far. We've had great luck with them. Looks like the people that are having lag issues need to spend some serious time tuning their trucks. Lots of fuel on the low end does not help your lag issues. .91 T4 is perfect for 12v daily drivers. Weve been running 1.0 on the 6.7 CR with nothing but great results and not a single failure yet. Many are wondering the limit of this turbo. We haven't seen it yet. A good gated manifold and some good tuning, and these turbos cant be beat for the money invested. Our dyno results have shown theres not a better option out there for the money. If anyone has any questions about the sxe s3 and s4, give me a call before 5pm and Ill be more than happy to help with your questions with the results we have currently.
812698-1736

Care to post up some dyno results of these on Common Rail or 12v trucks?

There are a lot of curious people around. There seems to be some data, but I have yet to see a dyno sheet of a 64.5 or 69 sxe series turbo on a 5.9 cummins. I'd be really curious to see where these chargers start building power.

Back