new cam less boost?

TheRamInBlack

Semi-pro
just finished my p pump 24v conversion. installed the 188/220 in the process. took it to the track ran well for first outing on new setup but was only makin 42lbs of boost when it used to make 55. dont think i have any leaks, i checked and double checked all the piping. is this because of the increased lift over my old towing cam? better flow i assume

We usually see 3-8psi reduction. 13psi drop is a little higher but possible. Try a boost leak check with at least 25 psi, if no leaks adjust valves and check your gate. If all is well play with timing and fueling on new pump.

You can over fuel and cause less boost.

Good luck.

Zach

Was that 55 psi with the VP? What pump mods do you have? Maybe your VP was fueling more? Do you have the same injectors? Same pop off? Alot of variable you didn't mention...

Hrvp with tst comp. Same injectors change pop off. Went from a towing cam to the188/220. Pump was benched by Seth.
Was that 55 psi with the VP? What pump mods do you have? Maybe your VP was fueling more? Do you have the same injectors? Same pop off? Alot of variable you didn't mention...

Well I found no actual leaks. I did find that the little brass elbow on the turbo and the afc housing both have a tiny orifice on the side of them. So I need together some that don't have that hole in them. I "patched" them for the time just to make another run. Picked up a few more lbs. of boost and 2 tenths faster on the et.

We usually see 3-8psi reduction. 13psi drop is a little higher but possible. Try a boost leak check with at least 25 psi, if no leaks adjust valves and check your gate. If all is well play with timing and fueling on new pump.

You can over fuel and cause less boost.

Good luck.

Zach

try looking at boost to drive pressure ratio and also play with timing and overall fueling.

Good luck at the track.

Zach

Definitely its on the list of things. Pumps A little smoky could cut back a little. timing is 32.5.1600* on a single 66. can't complain I'm right where it left off but now its only #2 no water/meth at all

Definitely its on the list of things. Pumps A little smoky could cut back a little. timing is 32.5.1600* on a single 66. can't complain I'm right where it left off but now its only #2 no water/meth at all
How's your low end with 32deg timing?

Defiantly in the plans is an s400 of some sort and 13mm guts for the pump.
Low end is not bad, drives fine, just have to crank it about 4-5 seconds to fire up

Back