New Center Console

Red Sleeper

I have a bit of a dilemma on my hands.
I installed some new seats in my 05, and unless I cut and weld some brackets on my new seats, I can't use my orig center console. Which now opens up the door to a custom console with a sub built into it. I want to have the sub and box, then some sort of an arm rest with a storage compartment and hinged on top (like the orig console in the truck) but I don't need it to be used as a center seat anymore.

My questions boil down to, should I build a ported box or sealed box for the sub I have sitting in the closet? Or should I go with a low profile sub of some sort due to space?
link to sub i already have: Rockford Fosgate Punch HE2 RFP3210 10" 4-ohm Dual Voice Coil Component Subwoofer at Crutchfield.com

The old console dimensions are 23''L x 15''W x 16''H. I need to retain the length and width dimensions but I could make the height a few inches higher for air space. Also, I want a 5 in 1 amp for the door speakers and sub. I like the idea of having only one amp to power everything. Which direction/brand should I go with the amp?

I'll have other questions, but that will get the ball rolling for now.

Back