new clutch wont work plz help

lilhenry

i put a new sb single disk clut in my 05 with 207k on it. i went to put it in gear and it wont go in it tries to move when u get close to the gear with the shifter....so then i found the pivot ball spacer in the box and took the tranny back out and installed it but still doin the same thing.. i think that the slave cylinder has gone bad but others r sayin that thats not it cuz it worked on the old clutch so jus lookin for input thanks

Put it in gear start it and go beat on it. I have seen this happen with sb clutches.They tend to free up after a quick beating

I upgraded my hydro's when I put my SB ofe in and have had no issues. Spring for the hydro's and call it good.

Pivot ball spacer thats a new one???

Starting the truck while in gear, then beating on it......Yea thats probably not the best advice.

With 200,000 miles on the stock hydros, might be time for a new set.... the reason they would work with the old clutch is, as a clutch wears, the pedal will come up and require less stroke to disengage. .. so even a worn out hydraulic system may work with a worn out clutch.

:what: ive always pulled the washer behind the pivot ball out on double discs not added spacers

my sb 3600 dd does the same thing...since the day i put it in. idk if ill be getting another SB clutch.

it was the hyd cly, the new clutch was 2 much for old hyd . put new sb hyd system works great...thanks

Back