New Cometic head gaskets

tlse1

Need more Input
Hey has anyone tried the new Cometic head gaskets. I am in the midst of rounding up parts for a rowdy 12v.And was wondering what they will handle?

I started a group buy on them, contact JacktheBear3 (Wally) He is a Cometic dealer, he also could tell you about the test vehicles probably the best. only a few days left on the group buy, and we need a few more gaskets to reach our mininum. Thanks

Clayton

I just started a threat on the cometic gasket a couple of weeks ago. you should search it. Most people that have tried them have blown them. They are saying that they are not even as strong as a stock gasket. I am running a couple of them now, but only for a couple of months so far. They are holding but the trucks aren't turned up any. I probably won't use another one until I here that they have improved them a lot. Until then, I am going to stick with oringing.

tlse1 said:
Hey has anyone tried the new Cometic head gaskets. I am in the midst of rounding up parts for a rowdy 12v.And was wondering what they will handle?

There is a lot of trial and error threads out on this site as well as others. Search "Cometic". As far as i've seen people are not having any luck with them even within Cometic's specs. Please research before you go to an MLS for your 12v. An o-ring job and a .020 over gasket has been proven to work more times than an MLS. Hope this helps.

The person that started the above thread is running one of our modified .020 marine gaskets and was planning on getting an o-ring job from UCF machine(where we get our work done). I sold him the gasket very early this year. I'm not sure if he's got it back together but he did end up going with the .020 over/o-ring setup.

CPSimpson said:
I started a group buy on them, contact JacktheBear3 (Wally) He is a Cometic dealer, he also could tell you about the test vehicles probably the best. only a few days left on the group buy, and we need a few more gaskets to reach our mininum. Thanks

Clayton

:hehe: Cometics test vehicles even blew them. Orings and a .020" marine gasket. Tried and true.

STAY AWAY from Cometic until they do some more R&D.

PDW Power said:
The person that started the above thread is running one of our modified .020 marine gaskets and was planning on getting an o-ring job from UCF machine(where we get our work done). I sold him the gasket very early this year. I'm not sure if he's got it back together but he did end up going with the .020 over/o-ring setup.
Truck is back together and is doing good so far.:thankyou2:

please to god make sure your machine work is done PROPERLY if you buy a Cometic MLS gasket! the failure rate seems to be due to improper machining

feelmecummin said:
please to god make sure your machine work is done PROPERLY if you buy a Cometic MLS gasket! the failure rate seems to be due to improper machining

There have been several cases where the machine work has been done correctly and they still went. I think Cometic has some R&D to do yet.

One thing I haven't seen is how are most companies Decking the blocks? How are they surfacing the heads? I mean what type of equipment?

Cometic makes a great gasket,but,as I have said in other threads elsewhere,they are not the end all or easy way out for those who really do not want to O-Ring.People are not considering the fact the motors we are trying to use them on are not low milage units and when we do use the gasket most guys will only deck the head and not the block.We run them in situations where compression is high and alcohol is used and have had zero failures and most times when the head is removed we can reuse them.

On our trucks I am convinced,with all the negative threads out there,the problems arise when just the head is decked and the block is left untouched.The only true way then to seal the combustion chamber is to either O-Ring or Fire-ring the motor......Andy

Cometic makes a great gasket,but,as I have said in other threads elsewhere,they are not the end all or easy way out for those who really do not want to O-Ring.People are not considering the fact the motors we are trying to use them on are not low milage units and when we do use the gasket most guys will only deck the head and not the block.We run them in situations where compression is high and alcohol is used and have had zero failures and most times when the head is removed we can reuse them.

On our trucks I am convinced,with all the negative threads out there,the problems arise when just the head is decked and the block is left untouched.The only true way then to seal the combustion chamber is to either O-Ring or Fire-ring the motor......Andy

Rock On....

Back