New Cross Over Tubes??

dodgediesel

Canadian Diesel Guy
I'm getting ready to install some DDP 90's in my 07 5.9. I bought some new cross over tubes as this is recomended with new injectors. The new tubes don't have the 2 little balls, instead have a solid keyway where the balls should be. Is this ok? They also appear to be Stainless Steel. Am I good to go before I start this project? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks y'all!!

Yes those are the new Cummins ones they are not Bosch. They work well so far few of us have them in now. The bigger face seems to seal well at reccomended torque values. FYI they are not stainless as they do rust. I had my new ones in the bag for a week and had surface rust all over them. Keep them sprayed down before install.

Yes those are the new Cummins ones they are not Bosch. They work well so far few of us have them in now. The bigger face seems to seal well at reccomended torque values. FYI they are not stainless as they do rust. I had my new ones in the bag for a week and had surface rust all over them. Keep them sprayed down before install.

Do you by chance have those torque values please?

Just cause they rust doesn't mean they aren't stainless, not saying they are either but stainless does rust.

Fuel injector holddowns torque to 89 inch pounds
HP connector nut that holds the tube in place and the high pressure fuel line nut to 37ft pounds
Eletrical solenoid nuts on top of injectors torque to 14 inch pounds.

Last edited:
Just cause they rust doesn't mean they aren't stainless, not saying they are either but stainless does rust.

Yes you are right I should have not said that. I was madd when they rusted but yes they could be a higher 400 series. Sorry wont happen again. LOL.

37 ft lbs on the Connector tube nut...yea right. I had one that wouldn't seal to the injector...that b!tch was at about 80. LOL
When I pulled them out the tube itself was shaped like a banana. LOL

37 ft lbs on the Connector tube nut...yea right. I had one that wouldn't seal to the injector...that b!tch was at about 80. LOL

Well I hear you there thats the FSM specs. My old lines I had to do the same thing tighten them to all be dam tight. But my new lines, sticks and tubes I tried the FSM specs and I was shocked myself still holding at full RP.

Yeah, ummm thats too tight.:lolly:

:stab::stab: You guys are awesome!!:hehe:
Thanks for the torque values.:rockwoot:

Back