New daily driver TDI

Howling

Soot Sniffer
Picked up a 2013 Volkswagen Golf TDI with 2400 miles on it. Looking forward to seeing what this little car can do.

ne8y8ysy.jpg

It will do alot better with a malone tune and exhuast! Already have 72K trouble free miles on my 2012, great car.

Cool little car amigo.

I have an all stock 2013 Jetta TDI I bought new. Now has 36k on it. Not a single problem. Oil changes, fuel filter, rotate tires. Keep driving.
I average about 42mpg with mix of in town and highway driving.

I plan to do a Malone stage 2,DSG tune, and diesel dubs exhaust. But that won't be for some time. Need to get the car set up first for driving. Getting the windows tinted on Saturday.

They really are a great little fuel sipper.
Beats the heck out of gear jammin a big truck all the time. Just think about tripling your fuel mileage.

Those Malone tunes are expensive!!

Yes they are expensive, I will be doing some research on it before I make the purchase. I haven't daily drove either one of my trucks in a while been driving my lifted Jeep grand Cherokee that gets 13 mpg. Quarter tank each way to work.

Had the windows tinted last Saturday, looks a lot better now. I started driving it to work this week 60+ miles from my house into Chicago. It has great pick up with the amount of torque it has. Not sure if I'll be able to wait till the warranty is up to do a delete tune.
7egu2yhe.jpg

Sharp little car! But the little part tends to keep me from looking at them. Wife had a 12 jetta put I think 70 thousand on it without any trouble, then ibdam if she didn't trade it for a 13 beetle..... Gas! I'm still not over it. But it was really to small for me to want to drive every day.

Lost I'd say a good ten mpg and it's a turbo car so it needs premium so no cheaper per gallon either.

It fits me just fine being 6-3 255,it has more room than my Jeep that I was DD before.I don't even have the seat back all the way.

6'7" 350 with a16 shoe runs you out of room pretty quick. Sat in a 6 speed Passat when she got her jetta and I couldn't even have driven it because of the way the pedals were positioned, my feet didn't fit.

Well that explains a little bit. I car pool with a guy who is 6'8" 340 and he complains a little on the width of the seats. I can see where the feet can cause you problems, when I test drove the Jetta I had issues with my boots hitting both pedals at once.

Yea not much room in between there. I really like two door configurations in general because the way I sit my head is right behind the door pillar, is the golf roughly the same size/width as the jetta otherwise?

Back