New Diesel Emission Laws

Mack

So I'm really interested in buying a new 6.7 powerstroke when the 2012s come out. I'm iffy on buying a 2011 being the first year for the new engine. But I'm a little out of date on the whole emission laws. Everything I see for dpf/urea delete and programmers and such say "off road use only". How illegal is it to change the exhaust and ad a chip to these new trucks? And also is it just a E-check type of thing depending on where you live or is DOT going to be out on the highways pulling over every 3/4 ton and bigger pickup to check for exhaust modifications? Any info is helpful thank you!

It is a violation of federal law to remove DPF/EGR systems.

You will usually get caught when you go to get an annual vehicle inspection

There have been several threads about this and all of them have said up to $10,000 fine. No legitimate proof of this though.

No inspections. But dot is everywhere on the highway. They only can mess with us when we have trailer but everyonce in awhile they'll get bored and I see them with a 4 wheeler pulled over. Work has it in 2012 in Ohio anything 1 ton or bigger with or without trailer you'll need cdl dot tags ifta road tax medical card and all that junk. So their gettin tough out on the roads but no inspections for my county.

No inspections. But dot is everywhere on the highway. They only can mess with us when we have trailer but everyonce in awhile they'll get bored and I see them with a 4 wheeler pulled over. Work has it in 2012 in Ohio anything 1 ton or bigger with or without trailer you'll need cdl dot tags ifta road tax medical card and all that junk. So their gettin tough out on the roads but no inspections for my county.

I'd buy a 3/4 ton and bag it if the stock springs didn't do the job for you if I was in your shoes, and worried that the above could become a reality.

Back