New engine/priming oil pump.

zukgod1

Old fart
So, filed the turbos then cranked until I thought the starter was going to melt out.
No oil pressure. Did this 3 times over a 1hr time frame and still no pressure.

The builder told me to fill the turbo's (like I did) "and just start it, it will build pressure".

Currently have the injector harness unplugged so it won't start.

That kinda freaks me out a tad.

Suggestions?

08, 6.7. New EVERYTHING. turbo's, cam, pistons etc

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
That's weird, after my last build I primed the chargers then filled the engine to the full mark and it built pressure almost instantly.

Ya. Me too. This one is being difficult.

?

All new Cummins parts. Doesn't mean there isn't a problem obviously.

I hesitate to start it till I have pressure.
Damn thing was way over $7k.

Start it, if it doesn't build pressure after a couple seconds you've got an issue. You might not be spinning it fast enough to register on the gauge.

Shouldn't I be getting oil to the turbo lines though?

I'm going to give it a spin on the am just the same.

This may sound dumb, but did you fill the filter? We just did an 05 common rail and it did the same as your describing. We filled the filter and it built pressure pretty quick. It may have just been coincidence though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like there is an air bubble. The old cr motor out of my dads 05 did the same thing to a guy we sold it to. He ended up pulling the oil galley plug and force fed it with oil.

If you want his number pm me and he can probably describe what he did a lot better than I can. Lol

Just a quick update.

Filled the turbos again, plugged in the harnesses and cranked it over and oil pressure came up as soon as it fired.

Back