New(er) seats

jimbo486

I'll be bringing home a 40/20/40 front seat on Tuesday that I found out of a 3rd gen (2003). Black cloth and in good shape for $300. I'll probably have a detail shop clean, shampoo and dry it out for me once it get all the mounts figured out and in place. With the research I've done so far, I found that few have done it from what I've seen but they will fit even in a single cab which is what I have. With some minor modification and my welder, I'll make it work! I'll keep you guys up to date.

My brother had the same seats in his w250. He made brackets so they were the same height as the stock seats, They were very comfortable.

That's my plan exactly. Take some dimensions and try to match the height of the factory bench seat.

Hunted and pecked from a Galaxy S4A.

Keep us updated, I have front and rear seats for my crewcab I need to get installed when it warms up. I believe mine are power seats so we'll see how that works out.

Your crew cab floor pan is different as far as the transmission tunnel goes so that may take some working. Are you seats out of a 2nd or what? Are they going into an early Dodge crew cab? If so, I have a template of a frame/bracket somebody made when he put a 2nd gen seat into his 80s crew cab.

Sorry if that info is in your sig. Can't see sigs in Tapatalk.

Just got home and unloaded them. I even had the dismantler save me the factory harness. Not that I'd ever adjust the seat fore and aft much at all but it does have 12v power inside the center console as you can see in the picture.

I do plan on bolting these seats to the factory, reinforced holes in the floor pan for the strength, of course. I'll use the factory seatbelts, with the shoulder and lap harness attached at the B-pillar and floor as well as pull the receivers up between the seat cushions. It'll all work out. Just a lot of test fitting to get it set right.

sahyjy4a.jpg

enazuga3.jpg

9ypyzepe.jpg

Made some progress on the seats. Tomorrow I plan on putting them in but I did a little prep work on the seat frame itself. Looking at the mounting feet I discovered they're riveted to the individual seat frames.

With a 3" cutoff wheel, I ground the heads of the rivets off then drove a chisel between the feet and the seat frame and pried them off. Once the feet came off, I punched the rivets through the frame.

The 4 middle feet I found out are individual just as the outers are. They are also what the middle seat is attached to. I'll cut the feet off to get a good flat bottom across the 3 seat frames. I still have 2 more to remove tomorrow before the fitting trials can happen but that won't take long.

My plan is to use the factory bench seat floor brackets as they are bolted through the floor pan where it is reinforced for strength. I'll span and bolt 2 lengths of 1.5" square tubing across the seat frames front and rear.

Seat height should be fairly close to where the factory bench sits right now. Which for me, is ideal. Although, with the driver seat being powered, I'll be able to adjust the height if needed.

y9a2ysus.jpg

uvajuru6.jpg

upyne6ap.jpg

Kinda hard to see here but I was able to bolt the center and passenger seat frames together.
nuvemu2u.jpg

5adu8udu.jpg

jebymyse.jpg

ytahe7y2.jpg

ajuhy2em.jpg

yry9y7y3.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I think I've got everything finalized. After more time than actual work, they're bolted in place. Good news is that all 3 motors under the driver seat work flawlessly. Granted, I'll probably never use them. My initial idea to use the factory bench seat floor brackets didn't work so I had to come up with a "Plan B." They put the seat bottoms at an awkward decline to the rear and in turn, left very little room between the steering wheel and bottom cushion. Both seats are in their rear-most positions and the driver seat is in it's lowest position. I'm sitting a little bit closer and higher compared to the bench seat, but it's still a comfortable position. The seat backs are reclined very slightly and I'm not sitting straight up. If they're reclined too far, the headrests smash against the rear window when someone is sitting in them so I keep them just one position forward from there.

Just a few small details to iron out... Need to get some spacers cut to take place of the numerous fender washers at the 4 corners of the seat rails which you'll see in the pictures below :lolly:. And lastly, I'm determined to figure out why the passenger seat appears to sit higher by about 1" or more than the driver seat. I'll toy around with the spacers and confirm that the seats are equally spaced on both sides. While the seats are out, I'll take more detailed pictures along with painting all the brackets. All of the bolts will be replaced with Grade 8's of better/proper lengths. Might be overkill but I don't mind at all.

Finally, some pictures.

100_8560_zpsc58b671b.jpg

100_8561_zpsd7c0dffb.jpg

100_8562_zpscd5c44ac.jpg

100_8564_zpse1158199.jpg

100_8565_zpsb5b425b0.jpg

100_8566_zps2e87fb94.jpg

100_8567_zps35617798.jpg

100_8568_zps6246117a.jpg

100_8569_zpsb22a897e.jpg

100_8571_zpse53afb6a.jpg

100_8574_zpsb43947c2.jpg

Those are some interesting louvers you have in the hood there. Looks great, I would definitely lower the passenger side. That would bug the hell out of me every time I walked up to the truck. Or possibly it just has to do with where the electric seats are positioned?

The funny thing is, the passenger seat is non-power. It could be possible that there's a small difference due to that but that makes no sense at all to me for it to be that way from the factory. Is it compensated for in the 3rd gen floor plans somehow? Still would make no sense to me. I'll get it all squared away one way or another. Even if it means chopping the risers between the seat bottom and rails.

Looks pretty sweet, once you get the spacers, and shoot some black on the brackets. You can tell it's the whole seat being higher, not just the bottom cushion. The backrest is actually higher.

Looks pretty sweet, once you get the spacers, and shoot some black on the brackets. You can tell it's the whole seat being higher, not just the bottom cushion. The backrest is actually higher.

That's what I've started to think. The seat bottoms seem to be on the same plane. The seat backs were in the same point of adjustment.

Then again, this is a Dodge product...

Back