New from Illinois

dieselduck

Hi new guy here, not sure what to say, I am a Machinist by trade. I own a 06 Dodge QCSB 4x4 auto with a Cummins of course. Mods include Banks 6-gun and exhaust, CFM+ intake, Air Dog FP100, K&N drop in filter, Issopro gauges, and an SRT hood. Currently saving up for a built Trans, then a compound setup with a Smarty tuner.

Big Tractor/truck/semi pull fri&sat Henry IL @ marshal putman fair "Americas pull'. Very good show if the rain holds off Starts at 6:30 P.M. I'll be their, not sure how far from Clinton, but probably worth the trip if you are interested.

Just thought, isn't Preformance Transmission in Clinton? Have you herd anything about those guys? I was thinking of having them upgrade my trans, billit parts are not cheap.

Yes my neighbors (Dirtslinger) are at Henry but the tonight show got canceled. Everything will be tomarrow according to Shannon. Double overtime mod truck passed me today on my way to peoria. Performance tranny is in clinton and Bob is a good guy. I get parts from him and he has done acouple of my buddies trans. On youtube under shorty ford is a buddies 12v that bob built the tranny for. I deal in all manuals but his prices are usally pretty good.

i'm from virginia so i'm not far from ya. Is the fair in lewistown already over?

Lewistown fair is July 20th-25th tractor pull friday 6:00PM. I'm not sure if I'm going or not.

Hows the job looking? What kind of work do you do? Im in school now for machining and everywhere around here is slow to steady, not looking to great though...

Manufacturing as a whole is on the decline. It was declining proir to the current recseion and now it has shifted into overdrive. Skilled trades will always be around, but with technology advancing and global competition increasing the job market will keep shrinking for the forseeable future. I run a Mori Seiki MV-65 Machining center running anything from a simple tap block to a six sided manifold blocks. I ocasionaly run a large Toshiba boring mill (fill in). For a specialty Off-highway manufacture Kress Corporation - Global Solutions For The Long Haul. What school are you going to? Do you live in Il? Good luck in the future.

Back